Page 2 of 7
Seeing them would be incredible. That option probably doesn't exist for me.

Maybe my favorite (current) band right now.
Quote by turncoat60%
i get to see them

I wanna give a shit (again).
Quote by BK202
They're playing here, but it's an 18+ show, something that AJJ doesn't typically do when they come here.

Sellouts.
I saw them like 6 months ago, and they played a few songs from this album. They played a hardcore punk set, and it was really neat. Unfortunately though, for this upcoming tour, they're only stopping by Austin, and I hate Austin.
I had the chance to see them in June but didn't go.

Now they're coming back in October, as if to say "We know you didn't come see us last time. Now is your chance," but it's about an hour away from me.
Nevermind my last post.

They posted on their blog that this tour will be with Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, and Into it. Over it.
I think it might be worth the drive...
Quote by institutions
Nevermind my last post.

They posted on their blog that this tour will be with Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, and Into it. Over it.
I think it might be worth the drive... It's totally worth the drive.

Fixed.

I regularly drive 1.5 hours to get to Philly for shows. Gotta do what you gotta do to see good bands.
It's sold out.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
They're coming by Pittsburgh next week I believe. I'm pretty damn excited. When they've come by in the past they were always playing basement shows, but they're playing a decently large/popular venue this time, likely because of the acts they're touring with.

The venue is a good one though, so I'm down.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by nashawa
It's sold out.

The Toronto show is sold out?
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Quote by genghisgandhi
I've never listened to AJJ, where should I start?

I started with "People Who Can Eat People..." and I liked it so that might be a good place to start. I haven't heard anything else other than their new album though so I don't know if those are better.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Quote by genghisgandhi

All of their albums are good enough to start with. I started with Candy Cigarettes and Cap Guns, which is actually the one I would recommend least. I turned out just fine though.
Quote by genghisgandhi

i started with "people" but i think their new album may be better.
Quote by charliezard!
All of their albums are good enough to start with. I started with Candy Cigarettes and Cap Guns, which is actually the one I would recommend least. I turned out just fine though.

That's where I started.
I believe I was looking up funny and offensive songs about Jesus

But yeah, I'd recommend starting with People. I also really like Home Style.
Quote by turncoat60%
i started with "people" but i think their new album may be better.

Gonna be at the show tomorrow night?
Quote by charliezard!
I'd say start with People.

Although I resent the sentiment against CCaCG. It's an awesome album. Much more focused on being almost entirely satirical than their newer stuff, but still a great album.

I would honestly start with People and go backwards through their releases, ie CCaCG, Only God can Judge Me, Ghost Mice Split, etc. Get through all their acoustic stuff and then check out their latest two albums.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Last edited by Greenfinger182 at Sep 22, 2011,
Nah, I'd say People and Knife Man are the essential albums. You get a taste of both main sounds that way. Plus, those are the two best albums.
Quote by Greenfinger182
Gonna be at the show tomorrow night?

hell yeah i am so pumped. no way im missing these guys and frank turner together.

And i agree with due, knife man is so good.
Quote by Greenfinger182

I would honestly start with People and go backwards through their releases, ie CCaCG, Only God can Judge Me, Ghost Mice Split, etc. Get through all their acoustic stuff and then check out their latest two albums.

This seems like an extremely odd order if you're trying to get someone into AJJ.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by due 07
Fantano reviewed Knife Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOI3xkXoId0

And it got a good score!
I hate that guy so much.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by turncoat60%
cant stop listening to ajj

^
Quote by element4433
I hate that guy so much.

It's weird that anyone would hate him. He's super nice.
He's annoying and seems really self important. And he isn't funny, but he thinks he is. And his reviews are never as insightful or deep as he thinks they are.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by neidnarb11890
Anthony Fantano's a cool cat. He even digs Birth of Flower.
Did he review you or something? That would be pretty neat.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by neidnarb11890
Anthony Fantano's a cool cat. He even digs Birth of Flower.

That's pretty cool.
Quote by element4433
He gave an album I like a bad score.

Dat feel
Quote by turncoat60%
is that the guy genghis bases what he likes or hates on?

You're laughing now, but Fantanocore will be a widely recognized genre in a matter of months.
Quote by due 07
Dat feel
What? Do you really think I care what some guy on Youtube thinks about the music I like? Actually, I don't think I've watched a review he's done where I've disagreed with him drastically.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Free Bird is a fantastic song.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by turncoat60%
is that the guy genghis bases what he likes or hates on?

Yup.

Quote by element4433
Did he review you or something? That would be pretty neat.

Nah, I wish. It's been a while, but we saw him a lot back in the Literal Tension to Moths period. He name dropped us in an interview on another blog last week, though, so dat's cool.
Quote by element4433
What? Do you really think I care what some guy on Youtube thinks about the music I like?

Yes?
Quote by neidnarb11890
Nah, I wish. It's been a while, but we saw him a lot back in the Literal Tension to Moths period. He name dropped us in an interview on another blog last week, though, so dat's cool.
That's pretty rad.
Quote by due 07
Yes?
Where have I indicated that at all?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Where have I indicated that at all?

Nowhere to my memory, however you've never indicated you didn't care until just now. So it's up in the air.