Page 4 of 7
Jeez...no suggestions for Candy Cigarettes and Cap Guns? Definitely the most satirical of their albums, but dammit if almost all of the songs aren't classics!
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Such an awesome album. People II 2 Still Peoplin' might be the best name for a song ever haha.
new album's pretty good. definitely a lot more morbid/depressing than others at times.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Greenfinger182
Jeez...no suggestions for Candy Cigarettes and Cap Guns? Definitely the most satirical of their albums, but dammit if almost all of the songs aren't classics!

It is their worst by miles.
Quote by charliezard!
It is their worst by miles.

it's not terrible. i like a lot of those songs.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
it's not terrible. i like a lot of those songs.
No. But it's nowhere near the rest of their stuff.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
No. But it's nowhere near the rest of their stuff.

yeah, but "worst by miles" makes it sound like a hot turd.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
yeah, but "worst by miles" makes it sound like a hot turd.

Yeah, I exaggerated. I like a lot of the songs too. I don't think that it competes with their others though.
Is this the official AJJ thread now?

Just read on their blog that they're a part of Tallahassee Turns Ten, which is a tribute album to The Mountain Goats' Tallahassee
Can't wait for their cover of Alpha Rats Nest.
Neat.

Knife Man keeps on getting better and better. I love the guitar solos; they aren't shitty like most, but serve the songs in the most tasteful way possible. <3
first full band tour w/ laura stevenson and the cans...only west coast dates announced. hopefully they tour the east coast together
The tour will be done in two 3-week legs, the first one covering the West coast, some Midwest, and some CANADA!!! The second will cover the South, East Coast, some more Midwest, and MORE CANADA!!

I hope they come back here sometime during this.
I've been kicking myself for not going to see them the last time with Frank Turner, especially after finally looking into Frank Turner and falling in love with all of his music
sweeet i finally get to see laura <3 it will be pretty cool to see ajj with a full band too. oh yeah frank is touring with dropkick murphys if thats anywhere near you. sounds like an amazing show.
I like AJJ because it usually takes about a minute to learn any given song well enough to play in front of a crowd. It's perfect.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
AJJ and Larua's Cans are coming to the oft-heard-of-but-rarely-traversed northwest! Hopefully my irl bro has a car by then (or maybe one of my like-minded friends will take me). :3
So the very last lines of Big Bird are "I am a knife, I am a knife man"?

There's a live video on youtube of it (oh god, think of being able to experience Big Bird live with full band AJJ) and that's what he sings at the end.
Can't really tell on the record. The vocals get a bit buried under everything else.

Quote by due 07
AJJ and Larua's Cans are coming to the oft-heard-of-but-rarely-traversed northwest! Hopefully my irl bro has a car by then (or maybe one of my like-minded friends will take me). :3

They're coming here again but not with Laura Stevenson D:
They're coming with Joyce Manor.
Last edited by institutions at Feb 25, 2012,
I dunno if I'd rather see Laura or JM tbh. Probably Laura. Imagine if all three of 'em played AT THE SAME ****ING SHOW. My pants would be so wet.
Quote by daytripper75
Playing with Joyce Manor in Philly in April!

Quote by daytripper75
They're playing with Andrew Jackson Jihad in Philly in April!!!!!

I'll probably have to go see them when they come here on May 1st.
AJJ, Laura's Cans, Joyce Manor, AND Hunx and His Punx are all playing in my general vicinity this month. That feel when I wish I could drive. :'(
i don't wanna ****ing hear it. what's with so many bands i like skipping over NJ all the time on tours?

dicks.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i don't wanna ****ing hear it. what's with so many bands i like skipping over NJ all the time on tours?

dicks.

Dude, just go to Philly.

All the good bands tend to stop there.
i don't even like leaving my room anymore, let alone my own house. plus taking trains and shit is such a chore. if it's anything like when i went to Brooklyn last month, i'd end up having to leave the show early so i wouldn't miss the last train.

i do have a friend who lives in philly and i could stay at his house, but he's been acting super college bro-y for a while and is the biggest asshole when it comes to music. if he doesn't like it, he'll spend 30 minutes making fun of you and the band.

in short: i just complain about everything. i think i actually enjoy disappointment and being a miserable ****.
Quote by jakesmellspoo

in short: i just complain about everything. i think i actually enjoy disappointment and being a miserable ****.

I'm pretty sure AJJ's "We Didn't Come Here to Rock" was written about you lol.
Quote by Greenfinger182
I'm pretty sure AJJ's "We Didn't Come Here to Rock" was written about you lol.

but... i don't get my dick hard by telling people they're bad at making art?
Quote by due 07
http://andrewjacksonjihad.tumblr.com/post/18925411226/ajj-rarities-random-stuff-collection-hey-gang

I don't have all of this stuff yet, can't wait for someone to pay for it and give to me for free via the internet. \m/

Dipping Things Into Stuff is a funny song. i've got it on a Plan it X comp. "I'll dip my dick in cinnamon so you can taste it with your teeth..."

If Jeff Swiney Had a Hammer is the first AJJ song I ever heard. I've got the cool "concentric grooves" split w/ Mischief Brew.

I've also got the Joe Arpaio dicknose split. it was pretty cheap if i remember. might still even be available.... woah, nevemind. i bought it for like 3 bucks from the label when it was first released, but it's $15 now...
I have Operation Stackola from the first time I saw them on tour...it's worth it for the front cover lol.

Jake - I was alluding to the lyric about "We only came to disappoint you, cause deep down in your heart, that's exactly what you wanted us to do....you wanted to build us up, you wanted us to lead you on, you wanted us to bum you out, so you could build us up, and you could knock us down."

Pretty sure your sentiment about enjoying disappointment and being a miserable **** would identify with that.
Quote by Greenfinger182
Jake - I was alluding to the lyric about "We only came to disappoint you, cause deep down in your heart, that's exactly what you wanted us to do....you wanted to build us up, you wanted us to lead you on, you wanted us to bum you out, so you could build us up, and you could knock us down."

Pretty sure your sentiment about enjoying disappointment and being a miserable **** would identify with that.

i knows it, just making a joke. badly, i guess.

anyone else wish they could sing like Sean? dude's got a voice.
I like the French Quarter cover on Operation Stackola.

I think Only God Can Judge Me is their best release next to Knife Man, but hardly anyone ever talks about it.
You're a SuperHipster.
Only God Can Judge Me is good, but not as good as the more popular People.

I'm of the opinion that the Ghost Mice and O Pioneers splits are their best albums, along with Knife Man of course, so I guess i'm not one to talk.
If anyone has the SINGLES listed in that Rompilation link I posted up a bit, could you maybe send 'em to me? Even if you only have a couple, cuz only have a couple. (These ones:
Hate Song for Brains
If Jeff Swiney Had a Hammer
Lady Liberty
)

I've got the Subcity Session. The rarities disc only has four of the tracks, but I just downloaded the whole show and painstakingly separated them into individual tracks, and there's a total of eleven (including two tracks of banter). So I could give you that if you could help out a bit. I'll give it to anyway you if you want it.

The Subcity thing is pretty cool, I hadn't listened to it until today. They do a couple numbers with Kepi Ghoulie.

If no one wants to send me a couple, I'll just track them all down tomorrow. It's no big deal.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
anyone else wish they could sing like Sean? dude's got a voice.

Someone told me I sound like a drunk Sean Bonnette. :-(
Last edited by due 07 at Mar 14, 2012,
are the crossed out ones the ones you don't have? i could send you the Plan it X comp with Dipping Things In Stuff.
Crossed out are things I do have. I actually just got the PIX comp, but thx for the offer.

"Hate Song for Brains" is off of this comp with lots of really terrible bands like Polar Bear Club and VersaEmerge and Four Year Strong and stuff. Dat shit cray.

I'm kind of thankful I've decided to go on this trek for all these AJJ tracks independently, cuz I've found lots of cool stuff. For example, an early lo-fi-ish version of "Sad Songs" off of this comp I'd never heard of. And a live album I didn't even know existed. \m/
Last edited by due 07 at Mar 14, 2012,