Page 5 of 7
i'll see if i can find both versions of If Jeff Swiney Had A Hammer. i want the digital tracks for myself anyway, getting tired of having to search for it on the "YooToob" when i don't feel like spinning the vinyl.
Quote by institutions
I only have basically everything on the 'music' page on their site + a tiny bit more :/

Once I complete my collection (hopefully tonight), I'll pm you or smth w/ a list of everything I've got if you're interested, then if you wanted something I could oblige. And you could let me know if I'm missing something.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
i'll see if i can find both versions of If Jeff Swiney Had A Hammer. i want the digital tracks for myself anyway, getting tired of having to search for it on the "YooToob" when i don't feel like spinning the vinyl.

Pls let me know if you do. I don't wanna have to rip from Youchoob. :'(
That'd be bitchin. Do you have the full set from Live at Trunk Space, by any chance?

How do you not have Jeff Swiney?
Isn't that from the Mischief Brew split?
Pretty sure I have it and it's easy to find.

Haven't listened to it, tho.
It's not on my Mischief Brew split. :-(

Does the full set from Live at Trunk Space even exist? Stupid question, sure it does. I tried finding it once but gave up and settled for the six song version that everyone has.
Just listened to em. Didn't know that's the song. A renamed one that was also on Home Style?
Edit: Yeh, if what I listened to was correct it's versions of 'Posicore'

It has to D:
I also only have the 6 song version. I want more though.
Quote by due 07
It's not on my Mischief Brew split. :-(

wait, what? what's on the other side of the split then? i is confused.

i can also see if i might still have the files from when i torrented music a few years ago. pretty sure i had at least most of the songs you're looking for. never even got the chance to listen to a lot of them.

anyone else have the Gunshy split? wasn't a big fan. maybe i'll listen again, but it didn't really do it for me the first time around.
Never mind, I'm a ****ing idiot. I kept on thinking of the Ghost Mice split even though I typed out Mischief Brew. Wow.

The Gunshy split's pretty good. "There's No War in This Love" reminds me a lot of Neutral Milk Hotel (minus the PUNK ROCK).

Well I decided to cheap out and just rip Youchoob for "Lady Liberty" and "Hate Song." Le sigh. On the upside, I think I finally have everything.

My brother says he gets all his mp3s by ripping from Youchoob. That's so funny. I've even told + showed him how to get music like someone living in the 21st century, but I think he keeps forgetting. Oh well, no skin off my nose. ¯\_(ツ_/¯
Last edited by due 07 at Mar 14, 2012,
I've resorted to Youtube ripping for two releases: Thee Headcoatees' We Got 7 Inches, But We Wanted Twelve! and Platinum Disc's How to Succeed in the Music Business.
What'd you use? Did you just go through some crazy ass website to do it or some Firefox plug-in or soundcard recording or wut?

I've already got all the tracks I'm looking for, I'm just curious for future reference.
I use a Firefox plugin (Flashgot) to download the video, then I open the video file with Audacity (u must have Audacity's 'FFmpeg import/export library' installed 2 do this) and export it as an mp3.

Obv it's better than using some sketchy website because they always have bugs and take a long time to convert, and it's better than soundcard recording because you don't have to do turn off yr iTunes or whatever and record it in real time. Plus I think it sounds somewhat better—maybe soundcard recording has a lot of quantization errors, or maybe it's just my imagination.
I downloaded RealPlayer for some reason a while back, & ever since a little tab comes up above YouTube vids so I can download them, & then I also have a RealPlayer converter that converts video files into mp3s.

¯\_(ツ_/¯

I've only used this capability once, 'cuz obv. it's a bigger hassle than finding .zip/.rar files.
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
Plus I think it sounds somewhat better—maybe soundcard recording has a lot of quantization errors, or maybe it's just my imagination.

Ah, yes, quantization errors. I know exactly what those are.

Thanks for the info. I used some sketchy website for the two songs I needed. I did not enjoy myself.
YouTube Downloader. Perfectly safe, and has a convert to MP3 option.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by TheReverend724
Everyday my AJJ addiction gets harder and harder to maintain =/
So you're saying that you Can't Maintain it?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
And got an awesome color
I got a bitchin shirt though.

I've been listening to AJJ all day today to make up for the fact that i've been neglecting them recently for Frank Turner and Laura Stevenson.
I really like their Ziggy Stardust cover.
Quote by institutions
And got an awesome color
I got a bitchin shirt though.

I've been listening to AJJ all day today to make up for the fact that i've been neglecting them recently for Frank Turner and Laura Stevenson.
I really like their Ziggy Stardust cover.

I got Laura Stevenson as a suggested friend on Facebook the other day.

That was weird.

...that's all.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
very sad i didn't get to see them now.

Very sad indeed.

I finally listened to ROAR last night, they're good.
sucks.

i'm not going when they come here cuz they aren't coming with laura.
plus i don't know the venue they're playing at, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't have a balcony and i don't ever wanna be on the floor at a punk show.

i'm not very punx at all.
You guys have Joyce Manor tho, and they're the second best band in the world right now.
I saw that yesterday, pretty neat video I guess. That's their first, right?

I thought "Gift" was a strange choice for a single, cuz it's (imo) not that great compared to the rest of Knife Man.
i think it's their first.

it's probably one of my favorites off Knife Man, but that's mostly because my listening preferences usually cater to everyone else i live with so i don't have to hear "what's up with this song?" every 2 minutes.

ever listen to music around a family member that hears one inappropriate word/off-kilter lyric and immediately says "why do we have to listen to this garbage?" Knife Man and AJJ is probably the worst for that with me.

when my mom hears "We Didn't Come Here to Rock" all she hears is "c*nt" and "if that's what gets your dick hard"

ಠ_ಠ
I was listening to Death Grips once and my mom came in and asked me if I was listening to music that makes ppl wanna shoot up schools.

Speaking of, there's apparently a pretty big threat that my school's gonna get shot up on Friday. I might not go. My bff was sorta acquaintances w/ the guy who's supposedly gonna do it (who happened to graduate LAST year), and even back four years ago he was planning to do it on 4/20 after he graduated. That's an Olympiad of weirdness pent up.

I keep hearing kids around me at school refer to 4/20 as an "int'l stoner holiday." Of course I'm too nice of a guy to tell them that that doesn't make sense cuz virtually everyone in the world on the gregorian calender uses the little endian date format, so it'd be 20/4.* And I know like every holiday is technically "made-up" (some right-wing gurl went on a tirade about how Kwanzaa is totally bogus and lame last holiday season, shit was mad wack), 4/20 is really made-up, even as far as made-up holidays go.

*I don't actually know if it's an int'l holiday or not, nor do i care.
don't go to school, brah.

and yeah, 4/20 is lame made-up BS, not an international holiday. it should be called "forget weed is illegal and get arrested for hotboxing a moving vehicle on the one day cops are really looking to make arrests" (i've heard dumb kids that think it's Bob Marley's b-day or some shit)

also, i'm bitter cuz i'm stuck at home with no pot to smoke cuz i gotta babysit our needy cats while my mom is in Cali. ****, i wanna smoke pot right now. i hate this town.