Im starting to get a pedal board going and I am in need of some pedal cables. Now I know you want to use ones that are 6in right angle ones but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of ones to use. I was planning on getting these Live Wire ones but right now I need some cheaper ones that will last till I save up some money for these., since I just bought 2 pedals. I was wondering if these would be any good. Has anyone used these before? If not I would greatly appreciate any opinions or suggestions you guys have.
Chris

My Gear-
Guitars: Ibanez S570DXQM, First Act VW GarageMaster
Amps: Peavey ValveKing 112, Roland 15XL
Pedals: Big Muff w/ Tone & Wicker, Original Crybaby w/ Modifications, BYOC Overdrive 2, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Boss PH-3,
They'll at least be as good as the LiveWires. LiveWire is pretty mediocre in my experience. Very high capacitance and shit build quality. At least they have a lifetime warranty.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'm currently using the Planet Waves cable station, good kit, make your cables the perfect length you need (good if you need a lot of cable running around your board), only issue I have is the ends are so big, had to get as much on a pedal board as you want when you have to have an inch in between pedals.
I've been looking at the Lava Cable kits. Supposed to be really good, smaller heads, but pricey. But, like anything else in life, you get what you pay for.

EDIT: Although you won't need anything this custom for only using two pedals at the moment, it should be something you should consider when upgrading your board to something bigger.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at Sep 6, 2011,
Also, the ends on those are really high quality. Not something you usually find on cables for that price. I use similar for my board but I make my cables to length myself. If they weren't high quality, I wouldn't use them.

E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

If you wanna go really cheap, stop by your local guitar center, and they usually have those short patch cables in a bucket for around $1 each, pieces of crap, but you can get 6 months of use out of em if you take care of them. I've had a few for over 2 years, since I'm too cheap to get good patch cables.

The LiveWire Elite cables are excellent, a bit more expensive, but I've had good luck with them. I do like the Ibanez Series 96 stuff though, but it's a bit hard to find, but if you can get your hands on some of it, it's like getting a high quality silver coated cable for 1/4 of the price. I have one and it's my best cable to date, better than my LiveWire Elite.
I think I might hit up guitar center next time I see one and get some of those cables because I dont want to get crap cables but right now I have no money and I need some patch cables. I might look into that Planet Waves cable station when I have saved up some money after I get my tremolo pedal.but right now Im pretty much broke so Ill have to wait a while. mmolteratx what cables is it you use?

What cables would you guys recommend me using from my guitar? I have been using the Live Wire and they have been pretty nice I havent seen any issues with the accept how the housing starts to unscrew but it wasnt that big of a deal to me. What do you guys recommend on the lower end of nice quality cables? I know that you get what you pay for but are there any cables that are good that are on the less expensive side?
Chris

My Gear-
Pedals: Big Muff w/ Tone & Wicker, Original Crybaby w/ Modifications, BYOC Overdrive 2, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Boss PH-3,
I just make my own. You can get really high quality cable for 50c per foot and ends for a couple bucks a piece from Best Tronics. Took me about an hour to assemble all of mine and they're higher quality than pretty much anything else on the market. Extremely low capacitance, rugged cable and rugged ends. And if they ever break, I can fix them myself in minutes. Soldering is a really valuable skill that every guitarist should learn IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I know how to soder pretty good, could you give me a link to the parts you use?
Chris

My Gear-
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

ok thanks I might try this option, it doesnt really come out cheaper but I will know the quality at least. Would the 228s work good on guitars too or would the 226s be better?
Chris

My Gear-
Would the 280s work with that cable? It says they are cable with outer diameter less 0.25" or less...
Chris

My Gear-
Quote by Ultrakd
Would the 280s work with that cable? It says they are cable with outer diameter less 0.25" or less...

There's a thinner version that I use with the 228s. http://best-tronics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BMI&Product_Code=CA-0678&Category_Code=GUITAR

The one I linked earlier is .238 though. I think. I'd use the 228s for pedal connections and the regular right angles for guitar to board and board to amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

They're not Switchcraft. I just finished building ten cables with the Switchcraft ones a couple days ago and they're similar but different. Those are made for GLS in China I think.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Thanks for clearing that up. Any idea how they'd hold up? Guess $20 wouldn't be too big of a loss to try out, right?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
They're still fairly high quality. Someone in the PBT or WTLT thread uses them and has had good results. I think it's Cath but I'm not sure. By design the pancake style is really durable. Any decent metal and it should be good for years.

EDIT: Those also look easier to work with. My Switchcraft ones don't have any lugs. Just a hole for the tip and you connect the sleeve anywhere on the rest of it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Sep 6, 2011,
Sweet.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I think I might try those GLS pancake ones because its a good deal I can make some extra cables to sell.
Chris

My Gear-