Page 1 of 2
Let's talk about the animated series from the 90's.

Arguably one of the best incarnations of the character of Bruce Wayne and his crime-fighting alter ego, with Luke Skywalker as the Joker and introducing the evil dame that you know WAY too many people have jerked off to, it clearly holds its place as one of the best animated versions of a superhero ever made.

Discuss!
I remember there was a puppet that made me change the channel in horror whenever it came on...

...or was that the Superman cartoon?
Favorite Batman related thing
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Best adaptation of the Batcomics to date. While TDKR may make the Nolanverse the better series based on that series' merits alone, the Animated Series will still be the best adaptation in regards to the comics.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
It was what made me become a little Batty...

I show myself to the door now...
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I remember watching the very first episode when it aired.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Jon777
Loved it. I even used to watch it with my dad.

I don't remember much, though, 'cause I was pretty young back then.

I actually didn't like it as a kid, I thought it was boring. Rewatching all of the episodes as an adult, I realise what a stupid kid I was, because this is AMAZINGLY well-written!
Quote by CoreysMonster
I actually didn't like it as a kid, I thought it was boring. Rewatching all of the episodes as an adult, I realise what a stupid kid I was, because this is AMAZINGLY well-written!
It really is. And it isn't really dumbed down for kids.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Weaponized
I remember there was a puppet that made me change the channel in horror whenever it came on...

...or was that the Superman cartoon?

It was Batman the villains name was The Ventriloquist and Scarface

My favorite character was Harley Quinn. Ya I know shes animated but damn she was hot for some ink and paint.

I have every episode, and all the animated movies.

Hey what can I say the animated batman is better then the movies.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Sep 6, 2011,
Easily my favorite show growing up. Well written, kind of serious, and interesting.

I am vengeance; I am the night; I AM BATMAN.

EDIT: INTRO
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
FUNDS: $600
Last edited by EtherealAmateur at Sep 6, 2011,
Play Arkham Asylum. Most of the voise cast from the cartoon is in it, and you FEEL LIKE BATMAN. And that's a good feeling. Even though your parents are dead and junk.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by Alucard817

My favorite character was Harley Quinn. Ya I know shes animated but damn she was hot for some ink and paint.

you need to watch more anime
Quote by element4433
It really is. And it isn't really dumbed down for kids.

I think that's part of the reason why I didnt like it, I was so used to "normal" cartoons I didn't understand how good the Batman cartoon was. That's pretty weird, when kids dont like cartoons because they're too good.

EDIT: as for Harley Quinn, I already mentioned her in the OP. You jerked it to her, deal with it.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 6, 2011,
I'd have rather put it in Poison Ivy. I just like redheads, mannnn
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by CoreysMonster

Same for me. I was more into the 90's Marvel cartoons. (X-Men, Spider-Man, Hulk etc.) although I loved the earlier series of Batman movies in all their campy glory (even Batman & Robin. It's entertaining. People should lighten up about it and stop taking it so seriously).

But then a few years ago I picked up the DVDs really cheap thinking "yeah, why not". Watched the shit out of them and loved it all. Some really great episodes. I especially like how they handled some of the origin stories, particularly for Mr. Freeze and Clayface (probably my favourite episodes, or "Almost Got 'Im"). Just overall a great show.

I think it should also be cool to discuss Freakazoid in here. Given it's the same creators n all.

EDIT: Harley annoyed me quite a bit. Just saying. Great character and all with an even greater story. Just kinda got on my tits a wee bit sometimes.
Last edited by homeless-john at Sep 6, 2011,
This series is the epitome of what Batman should be. Its film noir style was spot on, and really no other series was ever able to get it right. In essence, it's the serious Christoper Nolan-type style in cartoon form.
That show was the shit when I was a kid. I need to re-watch it now.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by burndttoast
This series is the epitome of what Batman should be. Its film noir style was spot on, and really no other series was ever able to get it right. In essence, it's the serious Christoper Nolan-type style in cartoon form.

Not to metion Chris Nolan based a lot of his take on Batman off of the cartoon series.

If anything I'd say the cartoon did it first and Nolan copied the style off it.
Badass cartoon.

But I was always more into Batman Beyond. I watched it more as a kid, at least. Considering buying the first 2 seasons at Walmart. They also have TAS, quite the dilemma.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by MakinLattes
Did somebody say Harley Quinn?
*pic

THAT'S the sexiest pic you could find?!

You suck at being a lesbian.

Yeah this show was awesome, all subsequent Batman cartoons haven't compared. I enjoyed it as a kid but I have a feeling if I went and watched a crapload of them now I'd appreciate them even more.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by mike_anderson25
Yeah this show was awesome, all subsequent Batman cartoons haven't compared. I enjoyed it as a kid but I have a feeling if I went and watched a crapload of them now I'd appreciate them even more.

I can tell you I'm 22 years old and am currently re-watching all of the episodes. Totally worth it.
Well that's all the inspiration I need.

TO THE PIRATE BAY!
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
I'm 22 and have rewatched it all. Definitely totally worth it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by CoreysMonster
THAT'S the sexiest pic you could find?!

You suck at being a lesbian.

I liked her because she was funny.

Happy?

TAS Batman and Robin are gonna be available as dlc in Batman: Arkham City, which is cool.
Quote by CoreysMonster

This. As a kid I wasn't really into it. I might have been too young.

My sister was really into it as a kid, and like last year got me to watch a few episodes. Really great show. I meant to keep watching and finish but I kind of forgot about it.
I can find much better Harley/Ivy pics.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.

my best bit in his films he has out is when he went round to the clowns house and went in his house and hid under his kitchen table and when the clown went to have his dinner black knight kept tickling the jokers leg and stopping and then waited and then did it again and again and kept doing it and he couldnt stop laughing and then the clown heard him laugh and looked under the table and black knight did a massive laugh and the clown said what are you doing under my table and black knight said that he was passing by and then he crawled out of the door dead quick and kept looking round at the clown and smiling at him loads.
Mark Hamill is absolutely the best Joker, regardless of medium. I will fight those who say otherwise.
Aside from the Chris Nolan series, TAS was the next best Batman adaption / series.
Quote by MakinLattes
Did somebody say Harley Quinn?

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Page 1 of 2