I am planning on getting a new guitar in a couple of months and I could use some help deciding on what to get...

I have already decided I am definitely getting DiMarzio D-Activator pickups put in it. But I am not sure on the guitar yet.

I tried out a few guitars at a few stores. I tried out the Ibanez RG321 and a few others.
I need something with a fixed bridge,24 frets and a bolt-on neck.

My current guitar is a Dean Custom 350 Floyd Rose.
I play various types of metal.
I really like the neck on that guitar, it is a custom C shaped neck, which I think is custom for that guitar, but I need something with a fixed bridge and more powerful pickups.

I tried out a few guitars with Wizard II necks, and I really prefer the C shaped neck over the Wizard II.

I am thinking on buying an Ibanez Xiphos XP300FX , but that guitar would have to be special ordered, because the stores near here don't have it in stock, but they could order me one if I need to.

That guitar has Infinity pickups in it, so I would be replacing them with D Activators...

My price range for the guitar is $450 and under.

Does anyone have a XP300FX or has anyone played one that can tell me if this guitar is worth it?
those are okay if you like that weird shape, but the neck on those is the same as all Ibanez RG standard series, the Wizzard II or III.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I'm pretty sure that's not in my price range...
my question was should I get a XP300FX or if not what should I get that is in my price range...
Last edited by daylightdies370 at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by daylightdies370
I'm pretty sure that's not in my price range...
my question was should I get a XP300FX or if not what should I get that is in my price range...

Used ones can go for 400-500, depending on where you get 'em.
Where's Waldo?