I saw the other guy's thread on VST strings, although after filtering through all of the recommendations none of them really provided a nice bass guitar representation.

I've wrote all my midi bass tracks in Guitar Pro and would rather save money by getting (preferably a free) bass guitar vsti, instead of forking out for a real bass at this point in time.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Zeletros
You can use EQ and make your guitar sound like a bass guitar

Doesn't have the same punch to be honest, I've tried it and found it "lacking" while trying to use it as a quick fix in the mix. I hopefully wont be relying on this soon to be found vsti forever, I would just like to weigh up my options before digging into the wallet.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Mopy
Doesn't have the same punch to be honest, I've tried it and found it "lacking" while trying to use it as a quick fix in the mix. I hopefully wont be relying on this soon to be found vsti forever, I would just like to weigh up my options before digging into the wallet.

It would take a lot of effort to make it sound TOTALLY like a bass.

Also depends on which tone you want
A cheapo used bass will sound better than just about any VSTi/Plug-in besides Spectrasonic's Trilian. If you're a proficient bassist I'd highly recommend investing in an actual bass. If you're a very good midi programmer or have no desire to play bass but want a pro bass sound, Trilian is worth the money.
Quote by Odirunn
A cheapo used bass will sound better than just about any VSTi/Plug-in besides Spectrasonic's Trilian. If you're a proficient bassist I'd highly recommend investing in an actual bass. If you're a very good midi programmer or have no desire to play bass but want a pro bass sound, Trilian is worth the money.

Well I'm a shocker on the bass, so it sounds like I should take a gander at Trilian. Thanks for the fast response.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Is there not a softsynth of any sort, that came with your recording software, if that's how you are recording? If not Native Instruments has MM Scarbee Bass, which will play on the free Kontakt 5 Player, it's great. Not so great, but gets the job done is cakewalks Studio Instrument Bass, you can also get the drums, strings, and electric piano, for cheap on Cakewalks store. Might be worth a look, good luck!
'10 Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alp.Wht.)w/coil-tapping, PRS Paul Allender, Cort SJ-10 elec/acoust., Tradition(LP copy),Focusrite Saffire 6, JBL mon., Akai MPK25, Sonar 8.5.3 PE, Guitar Rig 4 Pro, HP dv6 DuoCore2, Windows 7 x64 .Sonar X1 PE
I can say you go download Native Instruments Kontakt 5 player and the free factory selection and you get 2 bass guitars in there. not a big thing really i mean if you bought the full version it gives you like TONS of basses along with other instruments. this way you get a very limited amount of instruments (include the 2 bass )

the bass is really good tho, for the (free) price you can't beat it. awesome quality really
A man was hit by a cab in the street. He was brought to the hospital. His wife who was standing

up by his bed, said to the doctor: "I think that he is very ill." "I am afraid that he is

dead."said the doctor,Hearing this, the man moved his head and said: "I'm not dead. I'm still

alive." "Be quiet, "said the wife. "the doctor knows better than you!"
Just then a voice called from outside the door, "If you do, I won't go."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coach Handbags
Coach Outlet
Coach Bags
Quote by Vendetta V
I can say you go download Native Instruments Kontakt 5 player and the free factory selection and you get 2 bass guitars in there. not a big thing really i mean if you bought the full version it gives you like TONS of basses along with other instruments. this way you get a very limited amount of instruments (include the 2 bass )

the bass is really good tho, for the (free) price you can't beat it. awesome quality really

Thanks so much man!
Was exactly what I was looking for.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
broomstick. And about making your guitar sound like a bass, run Pitch Wheel with formant on, into a bass amp simulator.
Okay, I've found a problem with Kontakt....
With the midi bass, the lowest string (the songs are in Drop A# and Drop G) does not get picked up the slightest, regardless what fret is being played. Any help?
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
yeah it's lowest note is i guess C or B
i say run a pitch shift now already to tune it down a bit...

i bet the ful kontakt has got all those 5 6 strings and all but we're limited to free

btw if anybody has got kontakt could they send me some bass guitar samples??? they are way greater than those 3rd party free stuff... and i hope this is not illegal to ask, only 1 or two instruments to run in demo mode!
Quote by Zeletros
You can use EQ and make your guitar sound like a bass guitar

Guitar is a midrange instrument, bass is a sub end instrument. Pitch would not be correct.
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Vendetta V
well in my case it's Reaper 4

Use "REApitch" i think that's what its called.
its comes with reaper.
works decently for somethings.
NEW SIGNATURE!