I just bought a fairly cheap £200 Ibanez and am having some problems with it :S

It has a floating tremolo but no locking system near the head to keep the tuning.

I had problems with using the whammy bar and it staying in tune so I brought it in to a music shop and they've pretty much fixed the problem. But now if I bend the strings they go out of tune. Am I expecting too much from a relatively cheap instrument?

Should I go back and get it checked out again?
Stretch your strings.

Or, if the problem is they go out of tune when you bend, but return to tune when you release the bend well..that's just what happens with a floating bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
When I took it into the music shop last time they did stretch the strings, reckon I should do it again? Nah after I release the bend and check it with a tuner it's way out :/
Both threads are about you having issues with tuning when using your trem. I answered your question in your other thread. If you want better tuning stability locking tuners are the best option. I don't think a Gio is really worth paying a tech to install a locking nut. Tuners are a simple installation and should fix your issue as the stock tuners on those guitars are pretty terrible.
Last edited by a_hub10 at Sep 6, 2011,
When installing new strings you should strech them... of course they will eventualy go out of tune, but it will be a lot harder for such thing to happen.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease