If you have an effects loop, then that's really the best place.

The NS-2 has two inputs and outputs also. If you want your setup dead quite, you put it as the first thing in your chain, then the first thing in your effects loop.
Quote by Ignite
If you have an effects loop, then that's really the best place.

The NS-2 has two inputs and outputs also. If you want your setup dead quite, you put it as the first thing in your chain, then the first thing in your effects loop.

...you mean last?

EDIT: talking about the NS-2, I don't actually know if you're supposed to put the send/return into the loop at all? I just don't know, always used ISP's stuff. But that hasn't got anything to do with first/last in chain. Its how I already mentioned.
Last edited by fc89konkari at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by fc89konkari
...you mean last?

EDIT: talking about the NS-2, I don't actually know if you're supposed to put the send/return into the loop at all? I just don't know, always used ISP's stuff. But that hasn't got anything to do with first/last in chain. Its how I already mentioned.

no I mean first. But maybe I'm thinking about it the wrong way.

If you put it last, I figured it'd cut off things like reverb and delay when it gets too quite. So having it first gates the hiss and hum, but time based effects will still trail on.

Now in front of the amp, I guess since something like a OD would create noise so having the NS-2 after that would make sense. But for some reason I've had it in my head that noise suppressors always go first but I guess that doesn't make sense.