i want to learn the sweep picking patterns chord wise , so is there online sourse or any dvd or any book from where i can see those sweeping patterns chord wise ?

any suggestion will be appreciated ! thanks
Jeff Loomis has a few instructional DVD's that have some interesting ideas for sweeping arpeggios.
One is from Guitar World, and the other I am thinking about..well..sorry I forget..but it might be Rockhouse Method?
Other than that...just play around with inversions of your usual minor and major sweeps..that might get you going
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
You learn the notes on your fretboard and you learn about music theory - specifically you're wanting to learn about harmonising the major scale and chord construction.

and with that in mind moved to MT.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ok thanks, m learning the notes on the fretboard now , guess it will take a long time to master
Quote by Shor
Jeff Loomis has a few instructional DVD's that have some interesting ideas for sweeping arpeggios.
One is from Guitar World, and the other I am thinking about..well..sorry I forget..but it might be Rockhouse Method?
Other than that...just play around with inversions of your usual minor and major sweeps..that might get you going

yeah i have that dvd of jeff loomis, its very advanced for me at the moment !! i want to learn the basic chord patters , and i will check the rockhouse store !! thanks man
Quote by COBHC912
ok thanks, m learning the notes on the fretboard now , guess it will take a long time to master

Not really dude. Do you know how to construct triads? You can get sweeping right away with just knowledge of these. You don't need to spend money on books or dvd's for this, seriously. It's just a little know how.
Quote by mdc
Not really dude. Do you know how to construct triads? You can get sweeping right away with just knowledge of these. You don't need to spend money on books or dvd's for this, seriously. It's just a little know how.

yeah i do understan triad a bit ( like major third , major fifth , minor 3rd , minor 5th)

thanks a lot for the effective tips
Quote by COBHC912
yeah i do understan triad a bit ( like major third , major fifth , minor 3rd , minor 5th)

OK, Cool. Below is a D minor 7 arpeggio.
---5-8-5
--6------6
-7---------7

Sweep across the strings as one downstroke. Up stroke on the high C note (8th fret E string), pull off to A, and then continue the up stroke back to the original note (D).

See if you can alter the notes to accommodate a m7b5 arpeggio. (Hint, only one note needs to change).
Last edited by mdc at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by COBHC912

Perfect 5th. There's no such thing as a major or minor 5th.
One of the exercises in the sticky has a lot of arpeggio shapes.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
Quote by Jesse Clarkson
Perfect 5th. There's no such thing as a major or minor 5th.

i didn't know that , sorry :p