Page 1 of 2
Kanye: The Musical
So happy to be Australian, I will be there at the opening night (seriously, no sarcasm.)

Also, this is the story of a champion. Tell me what it takes to be number one.
Last edited by AgainstYou at Sep 6, 2011,
inb4 the haters.
I like Kanye.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

So this is just gonna be a show about him interrupting people....right???

Inb4:

Yo, I'm really happy for myself and Imma gonna finish but CATS is the best musical of all time.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Sep 6, 2011,
I was expecting a thread that would lead to an entertaining religious shit storm. I'm disappointed.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
And hereby, I foretell that on the opening evening, Kanye will interrupt the musical by claiming he's gonna let himself finish, but ABBA had one of the best musicals of all time.
Oh please, even Aquinas put forth better arguments for god than some safe-rap ****twit.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
As much as it pains me to say it, Beautiful Dark Twisted Stuff is one of the best hip-hop albums I know.
Quote by slash_GNR666
So this is just gonna be a show about him interrupting people....right???

Inb4:

Yo, I'm really happy for myself and Imma gonna finish but CATS is the best musical of all time.

Kanye is a giant doucher. I'm not even one of those 'can't spell crap without rap' fagmeisters, but I seriously don't understand the appeal. There's so much better stuff out there. Dig a little deeper than the top 40, guys.
Quote by Butt Rayge

Kanye is a giant doucher. I'm not even one of those 'can't spell crap without rap' fagmeisters, but I seriously don't understand the appeal. There's so much better stuff out there. Dig a little deeper than the top 40, guys.

Just your opinion, as stating the obvious wasn't bad enough.

Try digging a little deeper past the amount of mundane crap that you deem to be called rap. A good place to start is a band called The Roots.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Last edited by Niiko at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by metaldud536
He's a douche. When he went on to interrupt whatever that country girl was, he really meant it. Even if he apologized after.

Shad > Kanye

An artist's personality shouldn't affect how you think of their music. Burzum would have a small(er) fanbase if it did.
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by Butt Rayge

Have you listened to MBDTF?
Quote by Butt Rayge

Kanye is a giant doucher. I'm not even one of those 'can't spell crap without rap' fagmeisters, but I seriously don't understand the appeal. There's so much better stuff out there. Dig a little deeper than the top 40, guys.[/QUOTE]

Just your opinion, as stating the obvious wasn't bad enough.

Try digging a little deeper past the amount of mundane crap that you deem to be called rap. A good place to start is a band called The Roots.

wut

Are you trying to say that Kanye isn't rap or that all rap is mundane? Seriously, I don't understand. Help me out here.
Quote by genghisgandhi

No. Should I? If yes, extrapolate.
Quote by Butt Rayge
No. Should I? If yes, extrapolate.

You realize that artists release their most poppy songs on purpose to get airplay and to sell more right? If you're bashing an artist before listening to his most critically acclaimed album (and I assume none of his albums) then you should stop posting that he sucks.

And just out of curiosity, what rap do you like?
Quote by genghisgandhi
You realize that artists release their most poppy songs on purpose to get airplay and to sell more right? If you're bashing an artist before listening to his most critically acclaimed album (and I assume none of his albums) then you should stop posting that he sucks.

And just out of curiosity, what rap do you like?

I do understand the hypocrisy of saying something outlandish like 'dig a bit deeper than the top 40' without doing so myself, but I kinda meant 'get away from top 40 artists,' rather than the top 40 songs in particular.

I have listened to one of his albums (the one with Gold Digger on it) and thought it was alright, but that it didn't merit much attention. To be fair, it was a while ago.

At the moment I listen to Jurassic 5, NWA, Sage Francis, Dr Octagon (Kool Keith,) among others.
Quote by metaldud536
He's a douche. When he went on to interrupt whatever that country girl was, he really meant it. Even if he apologized after.

Shad > Kanye

I think it was more of pointing out the fallacy of VMA's than just ruining it for Taylor Swift, the rest of his douchery is blatant douchery but that incident imo was justified.

Beyonce wins best artist and yet somehow logic fails and Taylor Swift wins best female artist.

Kanye kept it real.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
I think it was more of pointing out the fallacy of VMA's than just ruining it for Taylor Swift, the rest of his douchery is blatant douchery but that incident imo was justified.

Beyonce wins best artist and yet somehow logic fails and Taylor Swift wins best female artist.

Kanye kept it real.

I thought she won 'best video.'

Hence, 'beyonce had one of the greatest videos of all time.'
Quote by Butt Rayge
I do understand the hypocrisy of saying something outlandish like 'dig a bit deeper than the top 40' without doing so myself, but I kinda meant 'get away from top 40 artists,' rather than the top 40 songs in particular.

I have listened to one of his albums (the one with Gold Digger on it) and thought it was alright, but that it didn't merit much attention. To be fair, it was a while ago.

At the moment I listen to Jurassic 5, NWA, Sage Francis, Dr Octagon (Kool Keith,) among others.

A lot of people who listen to (to put it in terms you might understand) 'kvlt' rap artists love Kanye (myself included.) Same with Outkast. They were chart topping, yet they're one of the most well respected rap groups of all time.

And it appears you only like old (read: simple) hip-hop. Do you like any modern hip-hop, because if you don't, you really should stop saying stuff like "dig a bit deeper" with an air of superiority, because it appears you listen to very little hip-hop.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I thought she won 'best video.'

Hence, 'beyonce had one of the greatest videos of all time.'

Oh yeah, well that...don't follow these award things, but I should've known better.

Oh and We Are Your Friends > Touch The Sky...my opinion.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Niiko

wut

Are you trying to say that Kanye isn't rap or that all rap is mundane? Seriously, I don't understand. Help me out here.

No, it was aimed at the top 40 comment. Based on what you've said and what you claim to listen to. I find it doubtful you've really heard of much modern stuff that isn't in the charts. Hence why I said you should check out The Roots, a killer hip-hop outfit.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by genghisgandhi
A lot of people who listen to (to put it in terms you might understand) 'kvlt' rap artists love Kanye (myself included.) Same with Outkast. They were chart topping, yet they're one of the most well respected rap groups of all time.

And it appears you only like old (read: simple) hip-hop. Do you like any modern hip-hop, because if you don't, you really should stop saying stuff like "dig a bit deeper" with an air of superiority, because it appears you listen to very little hip-hop.

I love Outkast.

Don't really know how you got any superiority from my initial post. Calling him a doucher was a comment on his personality, and I'd urge anybody and everybody to dig deeper than the Top 40 for any genre. I didn't even put any shit on him, like I would Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift or Nickleback. I just said that I thought there was better stuff out there.

Quote by genghisgandhi
Do you like any modern hip-hop,

To put it simply; no, but only because I haven't gotten around to it yet. I don't think it's inferior, because all I've heard from it is in the Top 40, and it would be wrong to judge it solely on that.

Actually, I've been listening to some Low Key, now that I think of it.

Quote by Niiko
No, it was aimed at the top 40 comment. Based on what you've said and what you claim to listen to. I find it doubtful you've really heard of much modern stuff that isn't in the charts. Hence why I said you should check out The Roots, a killer hip-hop outfit.

Probably already explained myself in response to gandhi.

I didn't say modern rap was crap. I didn't say rap was crap at all.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Sep 6, 2011,
Everyone shut the fuck up. Didn't you guys hear? Kanye is popular, therefore he's shit. You're not allowed to like him.
kanye sucks. god has problems. kanye's not god.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Where's the musical based on these, real, rappers?

...but seriously I don't have an opinion on Kanye aside from his Taylor Swift incident and his collab with John Mayer (...and the fact he wasn't happy that John Mayer dropped the N-bomb).
Quote by son_of_bodom
I was expecting a thread that would lead to an entertaining religious shit storm. I'm disappointed.

I thought the same. xD
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
Quote by genghisgandhi

Yes. It wasn't very good. Get off /mu/ and form your own opinions.

^ Music is subjective, therefore you are a fucking moron. I'm not saying it's unexpected or anything, but come on.
Quote by son_of_bodom

This, I was expecting Zoot to come in here and boast about how Atheist he is and try telling everyone why you should be Atheist and never follow religion, but say he's not trying to convert people at the same time.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Yes. It wasn't very good. Get off /mu/ and form your own opinions.

^ Music is subjective, therefore you are a fucking moron. I'm not saying it's unexpected or anything, but come on.

It was VERY good. You just didn't like it.

Kanye is one of the more talented artists in the genre at the moment, I think he deserves some credit. He's a massive douche, yeah, but at least he can back up his ego.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Did someone mention The Roots up in here?

On topic, I happen to be a fan of Kanye in spite of his personal failings. The guy's a douchewaffle, but at at least he makes good music.
Quote by zippidyduda

Kanye is one of the more talented artists in the genre at the moment, I think he deserves some credit. He's a massive douche, yeah, but at least he can back up his ego.

Do you listen to a lot of hip hop? Im just curious since you think that he's one of the more talented artists in the genre at the moment. I don't mean to hate on your taste, I'm just curious.

I listen to a lot of hip hop. And I really disagree with you. I think his music is actually detrimental to the genre and hip hop culture in general. His music bridges the gap between modern mainstream hip hop and modern electronica-pop, and that's ruining rap music.
Page 1 of 2