Hey guys, hope you had a swell holiday weekend. Anyways, I've got a sweet modeling pedal that I run through an amp into a cabinet, but I won't have the amp in my house much longer, which would only leave me with the cabinet at home. What's the simplest way that I can power the cabinet? Does it really need an amp? Thanks for any ideas
You need a power amp. There are tons of options, like Peavey 50/50, peavey 60/60, Mesa 50/50, etc. etc.
WTLTL 2011
Something like the EHX 44 Magnum would be cool. Using the poweramp of a Crate Powerblock works well too.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Assuming the issue is money... go buy a cheap stereo receiver off CL and run it into your cab.
+1 with the crate powerblock get it used for 150$ app
magnum sucks balls
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II