Give some examples on songs most people has heard about at least. For example "Sweet home Alabama", Crazy Train, "Iron Man" or "Back in Black".
Songs that are recognizable to almost everyone. Also, songs that you could assume that a guitarist/bassist would be able to play.

I want to build up a repertoaire of songs if I'd some day audition as a bassist, and also because it's great to know songs.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Quote by Weaponized
Insect - Spiral Architect

I don't think anybody's heard that, the band incluced.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wniXxeTJlyM

You'll be the life of the party.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Motorhead - Ace of spades
Alice Cooper - Poison

Everybody knows those two.
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
Whole Lotta Love - Led Zepellin
Ain't Talking 'bout Love - Van Halen
You Really Got Me - um.. Kinks I think
Quote by GanjaFiend
seven nation army isnt a bass. jack plays his guitar with a low tuned e-string

i r n00b.......
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by GanjaFiend

False. He uses a sub-octave pedal. What do you call a guitar tuned an octave down?
Quote by Weaponized

I was expecting a Black Sabbath cover and ended up being confused by a whole bunch of weird.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Last edited by SlipknotRule93 at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by AgainstYou
What do you call a guitar tuned an octave down?

A guitar tuned an octave down.

What do you call a bass held upright?
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by Cap'n Braid

So I shouldn't have made such a joke when i'm pretty ignorant but is there actually a difference between a guitar tuned an octave down and a bass guitar (other than the extra strings?)
Quote by Cap'n Braid

What do you call a bass held upright?

Robert Trujillo

OT: Paradise City, Smells Like Teen Spirit (even the Disney fans know this one now), Back in Black/Highway to Hell, Whole Lotta Love
Quote by GanjaFiend

Actually, it's an octave pedal.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Most everyone would recognize Never Gonna Give You Up, Friday, and all those viral hits because today internet culture = culture.
REGGIE
Quote by AgainstYou
So I shouldn't have made such a joke when i'm pretty ignorant but is there actually a difference between a guitar tuned an octave down and a bass guitar (other than the extra strings?)

The tuning is the same as the lowest 4 strings on a guitar, but they're only really similar in shape and such.

Its like assuming viola and violin are the same instrument. Same family, but there are differences.

In other words, you can't just tune one up or down and make it a new instrument (or even close).
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by Weaponized

as much as i love Spiral Architect, this could be the worst answer ever. the only worse answer you could have given would have been the song Splatter by Flame Tank.

OT Flame Tank - Splatter

serious answer, something most of you probably wouldn't think of, but there are a lot of traditional or folks songs that everyone knows (at least in their own country) such as Turkey in the Straw, Yankee Doodle, Happy Birthday, etc. there are also all the well known Christmas songs such as Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer, Jingle Bells, White Christmas, etc. there are the famous classical pieces such as Beethoven's 5th and 9th symphonies, On the Blue Danube, Pachelbel's Canon in D, the first few bars of Toccata and Fugue in Dm, Grieg's music for the play Peer Gynt (such as Morning Mood and Hall of the Mountain King), etc. and there are many theme songs that everyone knows, such as the themes to Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, Ghost Busters, etc.

Quote by micromountain37

wait, i'm confused. there is an ENGL in the background, but his tone is pretty bad? how does that work exactly?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by theogonia777
wait, i'm confused. there is an ENGL in the background, but his tone is pretty bad? how does that work exactly?

He uses a Line 6 PodFarm for his youtube stuff.
Quote by byob_soad2
No Sweet Child of Mine? Guitar and bass.

I believe it has been mentioned, could be wrong though.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Quote by micromountain37
He uses a Line 6 PodFarm for his youtube stuff.

that would explain it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
We're no strangers to love~
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.