So I'm designing the front and back covers for my band's next EP and I have a question:
Does there NEED to be a section on the back (it's just gonna be a sleeve) that says the songs were written by us, where we recorded, who mixed, who mastered, and everything?

I see a lot of CDs that have this, so I don't know if it's a copyright thing or what, but do I need it?
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
I don't know if you need it, but I strongly recommend you include it, if only on the actual disk.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
What kind of information does it need to include? I just put some stuff I've seen before, I can't remember everything.
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
ask the music nerd octopus....
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Harvey Swick
ask the music nerd octopus....

haha i'll definitely get on that...
TABBERS WANTED
It would look more professional. Go for it.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

I'm just not sure how to word everything and if there are any copyright requirements to be put on the sleeve itself.

Just something like:

"All songs written by My Band (Name, Name, Name, Name). Songs recorded, mixed, and mastered by This Guy at That Studio."

Something like that? I don't have any CDs near me, so I can't look for an example.
TABBERS WANTED
I would say giving credit to all individuals/locations involved would not only make you look more professional but only seems fair to everyone that contributed anything to the recording.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by JRib1216
I'm just not sure how to word everything and if there are any copyright requirements to be put on the sleeve itself.

Just something like:

"All songs written by My Band (Name, Name, Name, Name). Songs recorded, mixed, and mastered by This Guy at That Studio."

Something like that? I don't have any CDs near me, so I can't look for an example.

Looks fine to me, that's usually what's on most sleeves I read.

Gedit: If you're in doubt, credit everyone. You can't go wrong if you credit everyone.
Thanks guys! I guess I just thought there would be more to write!
TABBERS WANTED