Hey guys.

I've just discovered this GT2!! I had no idea that this device existed!

the confusing part for me is it's function!

it says that it's a tube amp Emulator!

does that mean that I can use it as an amp??

like can I connect it to me PC speakers or headphones and then enjoy

the pure distortion coming out of it?

I have the budget for an amp ( not tube amp of course cuz it's almost impossible to

find a tube amp in Iran with having less than 600$!)

so I can say that

a cheap amp like Roland Cube30x VS Sansamp GT2!

which one do you recommend?
Hi.

Well, this is a "What Amp" thread, so answer these questions and we can help you decide:

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Hi.

Well, this is a "What Amp" thread, so answer these questions and we can help you decide:

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Thank you so so much for your reply.

Well my budget is almost 350$!

but the point is that the prices are crazy here.

Metal.

my favorite bands are Children of Bodom In Flames Dark Tranquillity Anathema Opeth

Katatonia Arch Enemy and.....................

yes Cleans are also important but not as much as the ranchy distortions!

I prefer New

Home

Well I'm in Iran ( south of Iran)

and it's very hard to find a good shop here.

Jackson RR3! and that's it!
Is that 350$ in US or Iranian currency. That will help too.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
In US Currency!

but what you get for that price is an amp that costs 150-180$ in US or other countries!
Hm. You could do 2 things.

1. Get a Line 6 POD and POD Farm.
2. Get a Peavey Vyper 30 with the Sanpera Footswitch.

Either way, loads of tones at your disposal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Hm. You could do 2 things.

1. Get a Line 6 POD and POD Farm.
2. Get a Peavey Vyper 30 with the Sanpera Footswitch.

Either way, loads of tones at your disposal.

thanks for the advice but

I'm new to these devices!!

like I have no idea what POD farm is and what happens if I use it with a Line 6 POD
Ah, well the POD UX1 is a device you connect to your computer. The POD Farm is software that allows you to emulate (mimic, copy) amps, and you just play through your computer.

Honestly, I would go for the Peavey Vyper. Makes things much easier.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yes I prefer the real stuff! my experiences have told me it's impossible to get a warm bright glossy tone out of a software!!

but what about GT-2?

like they say it produces a great distortion like a tube amp and it offers a wide range of tones!

cuz you know my main concern is high quality distortion!

and I have never heard the tone of Peavey Vyper. have you tried it??

how about Roland Cube 30x??
Quote by LORDLUCIFER
Yes I prefer the real stuff! my experiences have told me it's impossible to get a warm bright glossy tone out of a software!!

but what about GT-2?

like they say it produces a great distortion like a tube amp and it offers a wide range of tones!

cuz you know my main concern is high quality distortion!

and I have never heard the tone of Peavey Vyper. have you tried it??

how about Roland Cube 30x??

The GT2 is just a pedal. You would still need an amp to play it through.

The Peavey Vyper and Roland Cube are both good amps for the price.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
The GT2 is just a pedal. You would still need an amp to play it through.

The Peavey Vyper and Roland Cube are both good amps for the price.

I know it's a pedal with some effects!

but the difference I was told about this was that it can be connected to a PC computer

or an amp or home stereo system! and emulate the sound of a tube amp!

so that's what confuses me here!
Quote by LORDLUCIFER
I know it's a pedal with some effects!

but the difference I was told about this was that it can be connected to a PC computer

or an amp or home stereo system! and emulate the sound of a tube amp!

so that's what confuses me here!

From what I can tell it's made to be hooked up to a pa system and not directly to a computer. It could be hooked up to a stereo if you have the correct cables.

Honestly though you're not going to "emulate the sound of tubes" from a pedal like this (and in my opinion Sansamp products don't have great tone).
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
the sans amp gt2 is not an amp .. its a pedal that emulate sound from different amp . it require a "real amp" ( tube or solid state ) to play or it can be record to pc but youyll need a audio interface like a fast track , saffire and a DI box .

by itself the sans amp doesnt give any sound . you cant plug heapdhone into it .

also if you want a really cheaper alternative to the sans gt2 and a Di box ( with XLR output to record to pc with an interface ) ... get the Behringer gd1 21 .

its a exact copy of the sans amp gt2 and they sound very very similar and the behringer gdi work as Di box . so you could get a cheap mixer and plug heapdhone into the mixer and connect the pedal to the mixer with the xlr .

http://www.ripleyguitars.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/e/beh_gd121.jpg

cost 29 $ .. and even cheaper used .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Many Thanks guys! now I can make a better decision!

its a exact copy of the sans amp gt2 and they sound very very similar and the behringer gdi work as Di box . so you could get a cheap mixer and plug heapdhone into the mixer and connect the pedal to the mixer with the xlr .

Have you tried this?