I've realized that a great deal of rock bands are skipping out on San Antonio shows. I'd understand this from heavy bands but I'm confused why so many classic rock bands are aswell. We are just as much of a rock and roll city as Austin, maybe even more so because austins becoming hardcore and rave central......
I was just hoping for a little insight on this....
I sat on an orca whale in San Antonio once.

Other than that, no, it's a boring-ass place and nobody wants to go there.
yeah but we love rock here, every rock show ive been to here is fully packed and crazy fun! more fun than any shows ive been to in houston at least
Quote by troyofyort
yeah but we love rock here, every rock show ive been to here is fully packed and crazy fun! more fun than any shows ive been to in houston at least

I lived in Houston, the best thing about Houston is Astro World and Exhilirama, but other than that its a horrible place to live.
^Best thing about Houston is the restaurants. Anyone I know that moved to Houston later in their adult life always says they love the food choices here and it's way better than their city. No wonder we're such fatasses.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I sat on an orca whale in San Antonio once.

Other than that, no, it's a boring-ass place and nobody wants to go there.
San Antonio is awesome, bro. Has such character.

I think it's just a thing we convince ourselves. I live in Houston, and it always feels like concerts I'd love to see always skip this city, and we're the 4th largest city in the US.

Although Austin definitely gets all the music attention for being a weird hippie neo-hipster oasis.
Last edited by The Madcap at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by The Madcap
San Antonio is awesome, bro. Has such character.

I think it's just a thing we convince ourselves. I live in Houston, and it always feels like concerts I'd love to see always skip this city, and we're the 4th largest city in the US.

Although Austin definitely gets all the music attention for being a weird hippie neo-hipster oasis.

Haha yeah well now I live in College station so im going to a lot of Houston shows. I guess it just seems like concerts i wanna see skip San Antonio. Btw I love how you define Austin
btw Houston lost Astroworld lol
Last edited by troyofyort at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by troyofyort
Haha yeah well now I live in College station so im going to a lot of Houston shows. I guess it just seems like concerts i wanna see skip San Antonio. Btw I love how you define Austin
I think everyone can agree that Dallas is the most overrated Texas city ever. I hate that place like New Yorkers hate New Jersey.
Quote by The Madcap
I think everyone can agree that Dallas is the most overrated Texas city ever. I hate that place like New Yorkers hate New Jersey.

Not only do i dislike that city for that, but I hate how its so isolated compared to the other major cities of Texas, freaking takes forever to drive there!
Austin has many things going for it that would attract live acts. It's the state capital, home to UT, more music venues per capita than any other U.S. city, SXSW, Austin City Limits, history and it's probably the most liberal city in Texas. With a city like that being fairly close to it, San Antonio will be overlooked alot. Also what are some specific things to hate about Dallas?
Quote by 2trouble
Austin has many things going for it that would attract live acts. It's the state capital, home to UT, more music venues per capita than any other U.S. city, SXSW, Austin City Limits, history and it's probably the most liberal city in Texas. With a city like that being fairly close to it, San Antonio will be overlooked alot. Also what are some specific things to hate about Dallas?
It's ugly and boring..and really ugly.

Yet they get way more attention than Houston because JFK got shot there, and some stupid soap opera from the '80s.
Quote by The Madcap
It's ugly and boring..and really ugly.

I will agree that some parts of the city can be very ugly and just the same some parts are quite nice (like any city), but boring? There's always something to do in Dallas. What parts, if any, have you visited?