Hey There!
I bought a peavey vypyr 15 last week and its awesome. I have a BOSS DS-1 lying around here and is it possible to use it with the peavey. If i am able to fine a really good clean channel, will it work? And I might buy a MulitFX pedal in the future so will it work well with the peavey? Or will it work better on other SS amps? I played my Boss Ds1 with a guyatone SS amp today at my friends place and it was awesome. So help me out!
Im not financially capable of buying a tube amp!
Thanks!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Are you asking us because you're afraid something will break if you plug it in? Otherwise the obvious answer is try it and let us know how it works. If you have a multifx you should try plugging into the aux input.
pics of the amp or you bought a marshall mg
a bit of advice google how to eq it'l help you
and ya take any amp's clean channel annnnd plug the ds1 in there it wont damage your amp like at all
there are plenty of amp models in the vypyr which will sound wayyy better than ds1

how much did you get it for anyways in inr
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
another thing you said that you love your vypyr
but your sig says something else
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
...... any pedals over the vypyr is a waste of money...... if you REALLY love the amp and want a multi fx then just buy one of the sanpera pedals because everything u'll find in an mfx is already on board.

also, its a digital modeling amp, though it is possible and safe to use a pedal with it, its gonna sound like shit for the most part
2 things.

As a general rule, modellers don't like pedals. But why not start by trying it instead of asking UG?

Secondly, you already have a Peavey Vypyr, why buy a mfx pedal? You've got one built into your amp.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

A Sanpera won't work - they only work with the 30W and up models.

The Vypyr sounds way better than the DS-1 on its own.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^this
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
For all those who don't believe I have a peavey vypyr, I've uploaded a few pictures of em.
OK now the reason I dont care if the DS -1 sucks on it. All i wanna know is if it will take multiFX well because I believe multi effects pedals have more quality as compared to the peavey. I tested a multieffects pedal, the zoom gfx 3 on a crappy stranger amp and it kicked ass! I couldn't compare it with the vypyr I have now. I wont be able to test that pedal on the vypyr because the owner is not here. He moved to some other city which is a little far away.
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
No, an MFX won't work well with your Vypyr. Mostly because that amp doesn't have an FX loop, but also because modeling amps just don't sound too great with fx. There's too much digital confliction going on.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
A Sanpera won't work - they only work with the 30W and up models.

The Vypyr sounds way better than the DS-1 on its own.

That's what i think
Last edited by megaduu at Sep 7, 2011,
I'd get a new amp first before you get a mfx unit.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Ok so when I do get a new amp, which one should i get? Do multiFX pedals work better on tube amps than it does on Solid State amps?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
yeah, usually, unless it's a keyboard amp.
And what would your budget be?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by amithkallupalam
Ok so when I do get a new amp, which one should i get? Do multiFX pedals work better on tube amps than it does on Solid State amps?

Not necessarily. It's not that they "work" better, but tube amps will 90% just straight up sound better. The most important thing with a multi fx though is that you're using an analog amp, whether that be solid state or tube, as long as it doesn't have digital modeling in it, and that that amp has an FX loop. Check both of those things, and the MFX will be able to work to it's potential, as it's designed to.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X