that was epic
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
It does nothing for me, but I can respect the technical aspect of it.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Is that "shredding" or something?

Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Too many people just cover insane shit. It doesn't mean much unless you write your own insane stuff. I think people are forgetting that when it comes to guitar oriented music.
Quote by Banjocal
It does nothing for me, but I can respect the technical aspect of it.

It's because he doesn't look into it. The guy is showing little emotion when he is playing. He looks almost bored. That is always a turn off for me. You can play the crap out of the guitar but if you don't really look into it you loose half of the effect.
you're easily impressed, aren't you TS?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
Too many people just cover insane shit. It doesn't mean much unless you write your own insane stuff. I think people are forgetting that when it comes to guitar oriented music.
agreed.
Quote by Jako215
It's because he doesn't look into it. The guy is showing little emotion when he is playing. He looks almost bored. That is always a turn off for me. You can play the crap out of the guitar but if you don't really look into it you loose half of the effect.

Bull. Some people don't bother pulling faces because they're actually trying to focus on what they're doing. It doesn't necessarily reflect their emotions while playing.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by Jako215

That's not why it doesn't do it for me, but okay. There is feeling there, as there is in most, if not all music. Aesthetics are not an important aspect of this performance. While I really do like technicality (i.e. I enjoy Brain Drill and other tech death bands), it does not really resonate with me any further than impressing me at what he can do.

But, I dislike neoclassical as a genre so my opinion isn't particularly valid: I would most likely enjoy this piece on a piano as opposed to a distorted guitar.

EDIT: oh, and when people pull faces during solos, it is usually unintentional.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by theogonia777
you're easily impressed, aren't you TS?

No...

"Bull. Some people don't bother pulling faces because they're actually trying to focus on what they're doing. It doesn't necessarily reflect their emotions while playing."

Thats absolytley correct!
Quote by Banjocal
But, I dislike neoclassical as a genre so my opinion isn't particularly valid: I would most likely enjoy this piece on a piano as opposed to a distorted guitar.

+1, check the related videos, and behold - dynamics!
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
here, try listening to this TS.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Pieces of music that have best exrepssion on folowing emotion(IMO):
Joy/happines: W.A Mozart - The marriage of figaro (Overture)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikQNFqVkNNc&NR=1
Hope: L,V Beethoven The 9th symphony
Rage: L.V Beethovens ´Moonlight sonata
Mystery: Tcháicóvskys - lake in the moonlight
HILT!

Where's Waldo?