im getting a new amp in a few months and ive been looking about. ive had my eyes on the blackstar ht5h and harley benton g112. also on the jet city jca20h with the same cab. are there any used/new amps or amps and cabs that i could get for around £280 to £300? i seen a bugera 333xl in my range too on ebay. ill be buying a prs or a fender too and ill be playing classic rock, indie, and some light metal. if you have reccomendations about that too then please say. thanks.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
The Vox AC15 is pretty good but if its too low wattage for you (i have it and for its wattage it is actually very loud) you could get a used AC30, look at egnator.... they are also great.
Quote by itamar101
The Vox AC15 is pretty good but if its too low wattage for you (i have it and for its wattage it is actually very loud) you could get a used AC30, look at egnator.... they are also great.

would they be able to do some quite heavy metal? because sometimes ill be playing maybe drop c stuff on it, so i need an amp that could handle that too, or would be good with a distortion pedal plugged in
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
I have the Blackstar HT5c and it sounds pretty awesome. I play a lot of post hardcore, metalcore and some indie
Definitely needs a mic in front of it if you're gonna play with a full band though.
Quote by Fireskorm
I have the Blackstar HT5c and it sounds pretty awesome. I play a lot of post hardcore, metalcore and some indie
Definitely needs a mic in front of it if you're gonna play with a full band though.

i may have spare change to get a 2x12 but i wont be playing with a full band
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
i may have spare change to get a 2x12 but i wont be playing with a full band

why play at all then..?

just being a dbag lol

The vox ac15 will be plenty loud for living room jamming volumes. and when the time comes, itll be plenty loud to play with another guitar player, drummer, and bassist. But when it comes time to playing gigs, the ac15 is definitely pushing it. Ac30 will be perfect for all of the above + gig volumes. in a very small package.. compared to half stacks.

as for tone? plugging straight in youre going to get really good classic overdrive tones. think zeppelin, sabbath, ac/dc, maybe some jimi and fruciante tones if you have single coils. But, if you put any kind of overdrive or distortion box in front of it while using it already a little naturally overdriven, youre going to get a ridiculously good tone, trust me. Creamy sustain for days. And, if you ever want a really good clean channel, vox has some really good chime in their clean channels. Good luck, and choose wisely padawan

edit: oh, and just in case i sounded too biased or like a vox fanboy; i dont even play through a vox amp. i use a 40 watt fender hot rod deluxe lol. Also a good amp. but you need to combine over drive pedals to get a good high gain tone, so not really good for you from my point of view
by the time you read this you will be wasting your time because it doesnt say anything
Last edited by hammettrocks at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by hammettrocks
why play at all then..?

just being a dbag lol

The vox ac15 will be plenty loud for living room jamming volumes. and when the time comes, itll be plenty loud to play with another guitar player, drummer, and bassist. But when it comes time to playing gigs, the ac15 is definitely pushing it. Ac30 will be perfect for all of the above + gig volumes. in a very small package.. compared to half stacks.

as for tone? plugging straight in youre going to get really good classic overdrive tones. think zeppelin, sabbath, ac/dc, maybe some jimi and fruciante tones if you have single coils. But, if you put any kind of overdrive or distortion box in front of it while using it already a little naturally overdriven, youre going to get a ridiculously good tone, trust me. Creamy sustain for days. And, if you ever want a really good clean channel, vox has some really good chime in their clean channels. Good luck, and choose wisely padawan

edit: oh, and just in case i sounded too biased or like a vox fanboy; i dont even play through a vox amp. i use a 40 watt fender hot rod deluxe lol. Also a good amp. but you need a combine over drive pedals to get a good high gain channel, so not really good for you from my point of view

that sounds good! its going to be better than my current amp anyway, but yeah, i will need quite a bit of gain/distortion for some of the nu-metal and metalcore i play. i will keep my eye on it and i know i can just go for it if everything else doesnt work out. ill be trying it out soon anyway
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700