Is it worth spending time learning/creating finger patterns? (What I mean is playing a rhythm using your fingers, and learning a lot of different patterns)
Need more information on this, no idea what you mean at all.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I reckon that they mean certain fingers correspond to certain strings and stuff, depending on the convenience of playing.
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Need more information on this, no idea what you mean at all.

He means learning as many different voicings for different types of chords as he can.

And yes, it is highly valuable if not vital to your development as a rhythm player.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
I would say yes, but it also depends on your style.

If you like to play solo, without a band, then this is a vital skill, particularly if you're limited as a singer.

It's less so if you play exclusively with a band, particularly if you play punk or metal.
Quote by HotspurJr
I would say yes, but it also depends on your style.

If you like to play solo, without a band, then this is a vital skill, particularly if you're limited as a singer.

It's less so if you play exclusively with a band, particularly if you play punk or metal.

Like what you do in public has anything to do with what you should learn. Learn what you want, if you can use it in a gig then good, if not, well at least you can do it and that's awesome.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Sounds like he's talking about chicken pickin'... but I don't know.
"To this day I don't have a guitar idol. I have people who are my favorites." - Randy Rhoads
Travis picking ^^. I only know the patterns i learnt for songs. Two patterns for Julia by the Beatles, a lot of patterns for Dust in the Wind. A few for Dear Prudence and those are the only travis -style picking songs that i know so...
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"