I was playing my microcube with distortion for the first time in months, and I realised that it sucks. I can get a good sound for classic rock, but for anything heavier, no. So I'm considering getting a Pod 2.0 or a similar sort of multi-effects thing in order to supply me with the distortion that I'd like. Is there any multi-effects pedals anyone can recommend? I'm looking for a Metallica/Megadeth/Opeth type of distortion.

And before anyone suggests new amp or anything like that, I'm living at home for the next year, so I need good sound at very low levels. Sorry
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I'm finding the tones from the new Zoom G3 to be very desireable. The looper and synced drum machine is very useful as well. Just run it into the aux in of your uCube.
Just looked it up. Looks pretty good, has the versatility that I'm looking for. Thanks . Just hope I can try it out somewhere
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I bought mine sight unseen specifically because it has a looper synced to a drum machine. It was only after getting it that I found the tones were awesome. My songs... Baldwin Park, Some Bird, Outta Town, and Orange Chimera were all done with the G3.

The recordings are all direct from the G3 into a handheld Line 6 Backtrack.
You can also look at the digitech rp355. You can use more effects at a time than you can with the zoom g3. I have one and I use it with my cube 15x and it sounds fine. All the clips in my profile are from the rp355.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food