Heyo!

So We've been working on a song and I'm not too good at using compressors and such with vocals so i was wondering if somebody would want to mix it for us. I'm recording in reaper and i can zip and upload all the stuff if necessary.

The track without vocals is on my user page. It's called bombshelter test. I've done some more mixing since then however.

Lemme know!

Aaron
GEAR

Schecter Synyster Custom w/ EVH D TUNA
Peavey EVH Wolfgang w/ EVH D TUNA
Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Marshall Valvestate AVT 50h Head
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Female Fronted Pop/Punk Right HERE For Ya!
Upload all the raw stems and I'll give it a go for sure!

Consolidating within Reaper and then uploading the project folder should work too. Either way. Less bouncing with this method.
Last edited by Odirunn at Sep 6, 2011,
Alright im uploading the song on media fire right now. It's taking a while even though i zipped it in 7zip. Ill link it when its done!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

http://www.mediafire.com/?x3avtcb3jsosu34

There's the link! lemme know when you guys have the new mixes! We're excited!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

upload it here and it will be my pleasure to work it a bit an post it here.

Edit: haha you already did sorry, Il give my shot at it tonight
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by ShevanelFlip
upload it here and it will be my pleasure to work it a bit an post it here.

Edit: haha you already did sorry, Il give my shot at it tonight

Yes i think i set up the upload right, though ive never done it before. Just lemme know if you're having trouble.

ALSO a BIG thanks to everyone giving there time at it. It means alot to us.

Thanks!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Really?.....ummm.......well i can say that the drums and the bass are the only two midi items in the track. Do they not export with the rest of the tracks when i consolidate in reaper?
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Quote by rhoadsboy815
Really?.....ummm.......well i can say that the drums and the bass are the only two midi items in the track. Do they not export with the rest of the tracks when i consolidate in reaper?

They export into the Reaper project just fine. He probably just wants your drum and bass tracks with the VST you used on it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
well how do i give THOSE files? I can tell you i used kontakt factory selection for drums and bass if that helps. just lemme know and ill get it for ya.
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Quote by rhoadsboy815
well how do i give THOSE files? I can tell you i used kontakt factory selection for drums and bass if that helps. just lemme know and ill get it for ya.

Just export the drum and bass track with the VST on it.

I don't think it's really necessary for the drums, especially since, in order to get the best sound, you're going to have to export each individual part of the kit (or at least: Tom 1, Tom 2, Tom 3, Kick, Snare and Overheads). The bass would certainly help, though, since you're not using real bass, and any good VSTis are quite expensive

It'd also help if you exported the background vocals as one track that lines up perfectly with the rest of the song, because unless you're using Reaper, they don't line up.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 7, 2011,
Hm, I don't use Reaper anymore so I can't see the MIDI files. If you could export those aswell that'd be cool.
ill give it a shot. Again im not that good at this stuff so i may mess it up heh..
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

http://www.mediafire.com/?29o7ww5dalx1wur

See if that works for the midi files. i couldn't figure out if it exports it with the plugins or not.
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Yeah, decided to download the files last night and looked today... maybe it's because I'm another person not using Reaper, but what I downloaded (from first link) had no info on where the tracks start in the song, and they were just regions rather than the full track... so I'm having to work out where the hell each track fits in.

I'll give it a shot still but it's proving rather annoying to line up, if I'm honest Also, from what I can tell so far, there's a few timing issues between the tracks I think (rhythm and lead; guitars and where I think main vox should be, etc.).
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Yeah, decided to download the files last night and looked today... maybe it's because I'm another person not using Reaper, but what I downloaded (from first link) had no info on where the tracks start in the song, and they were just regions rather than the full track... so I'm having to work out where the hell each track fits in.

I'll give it a shot still but it's proving rather annoying to line up, if I'm honest Also, from what I can tell so far, there's a few timing issues between the tracks I think (rhythm and lead; guitars and where I think main vox should be, etc.).

yeah im havign a hard time too, figuring the back vox especially.
shucks im sorry guys. If i knew how to export this right i would...There arn't too many options in reaper so i dont know how to fix it...if anybody has any insight then just lemme know. Thanks again.
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Quote by rhoadsboy815
shucks im sorry guys. If i knew how to export this right i would...There arn't too many options in reaper so i dont know how to fix it...if anybody has any insight then just lemme know. Thanks again.

I'll export them for you real quick and reupload.

*edit*

Here's the background vocals rendered from the beginning of the song, and the bass as well, since I figure most of you don't have a decent VSTi (not that the Kontakt one is really that great anyway, but spending $300 for Trilian, which I probably won't use much isn't something I desire to do ), the bass is set up as a DI, so use your own amp modeling on it. I also included a reference track from the original Reaper file that was included (not my mix). I didn't give you guys drums though, you can figure those out yourself, you don't get mine

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4018922/Bomb%20Shelter%20Bass%20%26%20Vox.zip
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 7, 2011,
Wow thanks! I should mention in my reaper file i used two drum tracks off of the same midi file. that way i had two different drum kits i mixed together in the left and right track. I don't know if that helps anybody but yep!

Thanks again MatrixClaw!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Quote by rhoadsboy815
Thanks again MatrixClaw!

No problemo!

I sent you a PM, by the way
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com