Page 1 of 4
I went to the Uproar Festival yesterday, pretty stoked to see Avenged Sevenfold. From the Ernie Ball side stage, I only knew Black Tide. On the main stage, I had at least heard a song or two from every band... Escape the Fate, Bullet for My Valentine, Seether... And then came Three Days Grace, second-to-last. I honestly did not expect to have such a good time during their setlist. It was ****ing incredible. Avenged was badass, but TDG is more memorable because it was just so goddamn unexpected!

TL;DR- Saw TDG, didn't expect much, got blown away. Any similar experiences?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Frente Cumbiero live at Roskilde. One of the best performances I've ever seen. Their studio music isn't that amazing. But that performance... On a scale of one to ten I was absolutely stoked.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Felt similar feeling when listening to Kyuss, Arthur Honegger, Yann Tiersen and The Dixie Hummingbirds, among many others.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Airbourne.

Saw them in 2007 as the opening act for Judas Priest & Cavelera conspiracy.

Knew nothing of them. Never heard of there name. Best Hardrock band I've seen so far.
Quote by Tyson2011
d von is truly one of the pit.

Quote by 09phillt
Good God Man What's Wrong With You!?
I saw Kansas play Dust In The Wind. It blew me away.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Stray From the Path. Saw them live last year and was impressed. Probably one of my favorite bands now.
pinga
Pain of Salvation.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Dunno if you'd call him a band, but jeph jacques makes awesome music. I was not expecting his stuff to be that good.
Sail upon the open skies
This song blew me away when I first heard it.

Also, I never really liked La Dispute too much, but I've been listening t them wondering why I didn't like them before.
Reel Big Fish blew me away when I saw them at Warped Tour last year.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Halestorm were the surprise package of Taste of Chaos in Manchester t'other year. Been a big fan of them since.
Oh flange.
Mumford and Sons. I was expecting some lame bluegrass stuff, but I got intense alt-folk.
Quote by Trowzaa
I can't look at anything starting with BB and not thinking big busty.
Big Busty Queefing.
Dog Is Dead and Pulled Apart By Horses when I saw them at Underage festival.

Went to see Pulled Apart By Horses at Reading and it was even better, and am seeing Dog Is Dead again next week. Thoroughly impressive live bands even though I'd only heard one song from each of them before seeing them at Underage.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Dry The River at Reading, amazing live band with solid songs.
Last edited by willT08 at Sep 6, 2011,
Last Chance to Reason. I knew they were good already, but their singer especially was so amazing live. Shame barely anybody knows about them.
PM me for newts
Manic Street Preachers and Skunk Anansie. Not seen Manics live yet, going to see them soon but I loved them since I heard them. I went to see Skunk Anansie live last year and they were amazing.
My name is Jack.
Periphery blew me away first time I listened to them, shit was good.
Marilyn Manson.

I thought the guy was just a freak show when I was younger, but a few years ago I finally actually sat down and listened to some of their/his songs, and now he's one of my top 3 favorite bands, especially from a lyrical perspective.

There are several songs that I swear he spent hours on every single line. His wordplay is incredible and his imagery is so interesting to me.

I'm so glad that I actually gave the band a chance, and I've since learned not to discount and ignore a band on anything other than sound. Never again will I just glance at an image of a band or hear just one song and decide whether I think they're good or not, and it was quite foolish for me to do that in the first place.

I love when a band actually teaches me a life lesson. It's one of the greatest things art can do.
Quote by Kill0Switch
Manic Street Preachers and Skunk Anansie. Not seen Manics live yet, going to see them soon but I loved them since I heard them. I went to see Skunk Anansie live last year and they were amazing.

I've only known one fan of Skunk Anansie. She was a substitute teacher at my school for a couple of weeks who had a tattoo of a tractor above her vagina.
I went to see Ulver and their show was ok, but the band that opened for them, Mamiffer, made me their fan immediately.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
When I saw Mastodon live for the first time, I only knew a couple of their songs and thought they were kinda meh. I've been a fan of theirs ever since I saw their live performance.
Quote by willT08
I've only known one fan of Skunk Anansie. She was a substitute teacher at my school for a couple of weeks who had a tattoo of a tractor above her vagina.

My RMPS teacher liked Skunk Anansie.

I really doubt she has that tattoo but I can't be sure.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Native. I heard a few of their recorded songs prior to the show and wasn't incredibly impressed, but figured I must as well catch their set. They only managed to get through like 5 or 6 songs because their entire set was plagued with technical difficulties, but holy shit it was amazing, incredibly powerful. I saw them with La Dispute and Defeater then, but would gladly go see them alone, or with bands I didn't even like that much now.
This will be very surprising to everyone, but many years ago I thought the Red Hot Chili Peppers were a heavy metal band because of the name so I didn't listen to their songs for a few months but then I listened and they became my favorite band and have been for years!!!!
I thought Cymbals Eat Guitars would suck, judging by their name. Just another one of those bland indie hype bands I though. They had been in my Last.fm recommendations for a while though, so i finally decded to give their first album a listen and I've loved it ever since.

Also didn't expect to like, let alone love Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album.
periphery

almost literally

icarus lives is juicy
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by BurningStarlV
As Tall As Lions. I hadn't heard much of their music when I saw them but they were incredible! It's a shame they aren't together anymore...

Can we swap lives and time travel?

There's obviously been some but none spring to mind immediately. Maybe Kaiser Chiefs at Reading 2009. Met my friends by the main stage expecting to be on our way immediately but we stuck around and danced a good dance!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Avenged Sevenfold after I heard their Nightmare album. OMG..................... and then I saw them live and they were friggin amazing
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by StewieSwan
Last Chance to Reason. I knew they were good already, but their singer especially was so amazing live. Shame barely anybody knows about them.

yea, they're pretty awesome.

The Ocean was pretty amazing live. I already liked their music but had no idea they could perform so well.

Btbam blew me away the first time i saw them. even though i was expecting an amazing performance to begin with, they still blew my mind.

Periphery also blew my mind the first time i listened to them. i haven't seen them live yet, but i hope to one day.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by TheBurningFish
My RMPS teacher liked Skunk Anansie.

I really doubt she has that tattoo but I can't be sure.

i can and yes, its there
Damageplan in Ohio.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Sep 6, 2011,
Periphery. And first time I heard Dream Theater. Got a lend of Scenes From A Memory, and was blown away by everything about it

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Damageplan in Ohio.

Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Last edited by DegaDeth at Sep 6, 2011,
Sylosis, well to be specific, their new album. Was expecting "meh, new singer wont be as good as Jamie", What i got was "holy shit my face"
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Quote by LesPaulGuy1
Mumford and Sons. I was expecting some lame bluegrass stuff, but I got intense alt-folk.

I had the opposite effect. Such dull songs. I went into it (they were supporting Arcade Fire) as a fan, and halfway through, i realised nearly every song was structurally the same. Aurally pleasing, musically shallow. And i wish people would stop calling them Folk just because theres a frigging banjo.
The bravery! I was never really a huge fan but I saw them live at a festival recently and they were perfect! Literally could not have been better it blew my mind
Page 1 of 4