And now, a Fujigen threesome!

It's an Ibanez SR800(I believe) made in 2000. I got it for $100 at a pawn shop. It's pretty sweet, though it's been treated badly. There are small chips and scratches all over it, but you can't really see them in the pics. It looks like someone scratched an X in back with a knife or something, though it's not deep.

The strings are new and it's probably safe to say it was pawned with a broken string or something and the pawn shop put new strings on it. The truss rod was in dire need of an adjustment and the action was like 5mm high, so I didn't know what to expect when doing a setup, but it's setup now and plays wonderfully. I couldn't be happier with the action on this thing.

The pickups work and sound pretty good. One of the EQ pots is scratchy, so I'll probably change it out later on.

Not too bad for a first bass, I think. I've been playing and collecting guitar for years and I came to realize that when it comes to cheap gear, I'd rather have a beat up pawn shop treasure than something new from China, Indonesia, or even Korea. I may strip it down later on if I get the itch and paint it some ridiculous fluorescent color or something.

Also, thanks you summerson1 for your help in the thread I made asking about this bass.
Nice to see you join the Bass forum, it's a lot nicer in here.

SR's are pretty damn good basses that play great, if you can get on with the neck, but as I can see, I'm sure Ibanez necks don't bother you.

P.S. That Prestige is gorgeous.
HNBD! I love cool pawn shop finds. I kinda dig the violet color, for some reason.

Also, nice 80's style RG and definitely good-looking Prestige.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
High five on using a pink bass.

I too use one.

...though yours looks more purple-ish...where mine is flamboyant hot pink.....

Either way, congrats on the new bass!
I quite like the SR basses, my band's bassist used to use one, as I'm mainly a guitarist it was rather comfortable for me to play.
Quote by GrStMyGn
Nice to see you join the Bass forum, it's a lot nicer in here.

SR's are pretty damn good basses that play great, if you can get on with the neck, but as I can see, I'm sure Ibanez necks don't bother you.

P.S. That Prestige is gorgeous.

Thanks, I'm glad to be here. EG gets pretty moody

Quote by graybass_20x6
HNBD! I love cool pawn shop finds. I kinda dig the violet color, for some reason.

Also, nice 80's style RG and definitely good-looking Prestige.

The RG is an RG770DX reissue. It's a Prestige as well, it just doesn't say it on the headstock because it's a reissue. And I ditched the clear pickguard and middle pickup for the HH chrome pickguard.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
High five on using a pink bass.

I too use one.

...though yours looks more purple-ish...where mine is flamboyant hot pink.....

Either way, congrats on the new bass!
I quite like the SR basses, my band's bassist used to use one, as I'm mainly a guitarist it was rather comfortable for me to play.

Yeah it's actually a more violet color. The pics make it look pink-ish, but it's definitely a purple in person. I love the color, but I love non-traditional colors these days. I could definitely go for a Pink Charvel or Peavey Vandenberg if I find one somewhere.
Nice acquisition! Those older SR's are awesome, excellent pieces of engineering.

Hope it treats you well
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
So... pretty.
I really like that finish

HNBD and treat her better than the previous owner(s) have!
Nice bass, SRs are definitely lovely.
By the way, where do you live? I want your S

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Happy New Purple Bass Day! Enjoy the hell out of it!

It goes well with the Ibanez twins, too.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by m4l666
Nice bass, SRs are definitely lovely.
By the way, where do you live? I want your S

Haha yeah right. I got a pretty good deal on eBay for it, mint condition for with Dimarzio Paf Joe/Mo Joe pickups for $750 shipped. My RG will always be my favorite though