Hey guys (Sorry if this is in the wrong place). I recently got a Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer so that my rig could have some compression and most of all a nice sustain boost. I had previously heard that you get a lot of nasty feedback with it but I wasn't worried since I own an ISP Decimator. Well even with the Decimator I'm getting feedback straight from the pits of hell. I run an Ibanez RGA121 w EMG's to the CS3 to an Ibanez TS9 to an ISP Decimator straight to my Peavey 6505+ Half Stack. If any of you have good settings for the CS-3 that don't cut out lows too much and don't cause the worst feedback I have ever experienced, I would sincerely appreciate it. Thanks so much.
Brandon
Quote by monwobobbo
have you tried the pedal after your overdrive?

I have not! I played around with it for about 30 minutes and figured I can probably figure it out quicker if I have some help from people with more experience on the matter :P I'm assuming putting it after the OD might be a good idea?
You're running MORE gain into an amp with that much gain, with compression on top of it and you're surprised that you're getting feedback? and I keep the sustain/attack at 1 o' clock, tone just under 12, like 11. Level depends on how loud I'm going.
Quote by Dio10101
You're running MORE gain into an amp with that much gain, with compression on top of it and you're surprised that you're getting feedback? and I keep the sustain/attack at 1 o' clock, tone just under 12, like 11. Level depends on how loud I'm going.

Well I figured I'd get MORE feedback but I didn't expect quite this much lol. I'll try out your settings
good point on running that much gain into a high gain amp. perhaps if we had a better idea of what you are trying to achieve sound wise that would help. there might be a better approach than what you are doing.
Why are people with a 6505/5150, etc always wanting to add more gain?
Isn't the 6505 etc an amp that has more gain than z zebra has stripes?

This isn't aimed specifically at TS, its just that there are A LOT of threads asking this sort of thing.