Poll: Do you support genetically modified food?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you support genetically modified food?
Yay
63 65%
Nay
17 18%
I only eat humans.
17 18%
Voters: 97.
Page 1 of 2
I came across this article today and thought it would interesting to see what the Pit thinks of genetically modified food.

So what's your opinion? Poisonous mutant frankenfood, or a necessary step toward ending world hunger?

EDIT: And try to say why you feel the way you do.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Sep 6, 2011,
Everything in moderation, so yay to a degree.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yay.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Golden rice would certainly help all those malnourished african children from going blind and dying. Luckily my anti-GM food stance is congruent with my anti-black views.
Ambivalent. Both ways have some very valid points. I'll read through some of the points in this thread and see where I stand afterwards.
No, it's against the divine plan.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Nay 100%.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by RU Experienced?
Golden rice would certainly help all those malnourished african children from going blind and dying. Luckily my anti-GM food stance is congruent with my anti-black views.

I lol'd so hard
Nay.
I don't have a signature
lol I love how everyone saying nay has no reason posted...anyways Yay, but in moderation
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by severed-metal
I like how people posting yay also have no points.

You calling me a circle?
that's cause the argument for yay is simple.
i don't know why i feel so dry
It's nor as bad as it's made out to be. For example GM rice grows 20 grains instead of 5, meaning they can grow the same amount with 1/4 of the resources. I mean, that has to be a good thing right?
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Quote by conor-figgy
You calling me a circle?

If I called you a square, I figured you'd just be offended.
Quote by BurningStarlV
Yay. Anyone saying 'nay' is just stupid.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
What's wrong with genetically modified food? Im actually clueless on the subject.
pinga
Watch Food Inc., it answers a couple of questions for yay-sayers
I don't have a signature
Quote by severed-metal
I like how people posting yay also have no points.

I love how the people posting nay also have no points.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery

I love how people without points are pointing the finger about having a point on the other person having no point at all.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Yay to the ****in' max.

**** organic. **** it right in the ass.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I heard it causes your pee pee to shrink.

I don't want my pee pee to shrink. Do you, Pit?
pinga
Quote by strat0blaster
I love how people without points are pointing the finger about having a point on the other person having no point at all.

I love how the people that have no point are pointing fingers about having points at the people that have no points that are pointing fingers at people that have no points about the people that have no point.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Burgery
I love how the people that have no point are pointing fingers about having points at the people that have no points that are pointing fingers at people that have no points about the people that have no point.

I love how the people that have no point are pointing fingers about having points at the people that have no points that are pointing fingers at people that have no points about the people that have no point, while they're being pointed at again by some of the people without points in an attempt to point out the flaws in their points while at the same time concealing that they themselves have no point at all.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Are you guys gonna stop acting like little bitches and have some discourse or what?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by strat0blaster
I love how the people that have no point are pointing fingers about having points at the people that have no points that are pointing fingers at people that have no points about the people that have no point, while they're being pointed at again by some of the people without points in an attempt to point out the flaws in their points while at the same time concealing that they themselves have no point at all.

Quote by korinaflyingv
I love you?

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I love you?

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yay. It could help many starving people, up to a point. If it goes too far it could wipe out naturally grown foods.

I once got told that if humans die out so do bananas due to them being modified to have no seeds or something.
From a scientific point of view there's little wrong with it, all the food we eat is genetically modified as it is (through years of selective breeding).

What can be bad however is the patenting of genes etc, along with things like terminator genes being used to keep farmers under the thumb of massive agri-business.

Basically the idea is sound, it's the implementation that's got the potential for harm.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Tentonics
Yay. It could help many starving people, up to a point. If it goes too far it could wipe out naturally grown foods.

I once got told that if humans die out so do bananas due to them being modified to have no seeds or something.

Oh no. Not the bananas!
Quote by Burgery

Mr. Burgery, approach the comment right above mine that you have already quoted. What you're doing is nothing new except for pedantic assishness.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
along with things like terminator genes being used to keep farmers under the thumb of massive agri-business.

Any articles on this or further information?

Not contesting, just curious.
Quote by severed-metal
Mr. Burgery, approach the comment right above mine that you have already quoted.
Whoops. Didn't see that.
What you're doing is nothing new except for pedantic assishness.

Quote by korinaflyingv
I believe it is our responsibility and obligation to research every avenue that has potential to end huge world crises, such as world hunger.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Page 1 of 2