i have an Ibanez RG5EX1L (left handed) and im wanting to sell it. it's originally $430, probably about $500 in canada, its about a year old, it has a teeny bit of white rust on one saddle on the floyd, a small chip on the back, and no backside trem plate, but i could replace it if it's worth it. so how much do you think i could get for it at like a pawn shop or something? no fishies bit on craigslist
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
A pawn shop won't give you but maybe 10% of it's resell value.
So I would say maybe 20 or 30 bucks is all you would get at a pawn shop.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Dr.Tong
i have an Ibanez RG5EX1L (left handed) and im wanting to sell it. it's originally $430, probably about $500 in canada, its about a year old, it has a teeny bit of white rust on one saddle on the floyd, a small chip on the back, and no backside trem plate, but i could replace it if it's worth it. so how much do you think i could get for it at like a pawn shop or something? no fishies bit on craigslist

You should only expect to get 50% of the original retail price, and even that's pushing it. The rust and chip would knock another $30 to $40 dollars off, each. So we're looking at maybe $150ish? Less from a Guitar Center, and even less than that from a pawn shop.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
being a lefty will really limit your potential buyers. i wouldn't expect more than $100 unless you get lucky on ebay.
I was going to say $200 so either the US market is really tough or you guys are being tight :p

Don't expect much from a pawn shop though and from what I hear GC etc wouldn't give you very much either. If you know the people in the local store you may be able to really push for about $150 if you are buying something of value off them in return.
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40