Hey guys, I have an Ec1000, the amber sunburst model with the hot rodded duncan set. Love it to death. Not the highest quality guitar I've ever played but it feels and sounds exactly how I'd like it to.

Anyways, I'm looking for a backup guitar for when my band hits the road soon. Just in case. It doesnt need to be identical, and I kind of want something with actives just so I dont have 2 of the exact same guitar, but close is nice.

I've been looking at/lusting over the Agile Al3000's for a while, and I see they have a blue flame 3100 with Emgs(I've read you can get them with blackouts if you ask) and I'm in love with it. But I've also wanted a black cherry Ec100 for years. I know I like the ec's, but I really wanna try an Agile

Does anyone have experience with both and compare? BTW weight isnt an issue, our sets are never more than 45 minutes and I'm a pretty strong guy And I actualy prefer thicker guitars
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Epiphone SG-400 Limited Edition w/ EMG 81/85

Madison Divinity w/ JJ Preamps
Peavey 6505
2 Custom Built Cabs w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Ive owned both deluxe ltds and agiles, and My honest opinion would be to go with the ltd. Agiles are good, but have shitty quality control. To get the agile on par with the ltd, it would badly need a setup, fret dress, and it would be a good idea for someone take a look at the electronics. Not worth the time or money imo. Also agiles have virtually no warranty

*Also if you like thicker bodies may I suggest the new vintage body styled ec1000s with the ebony fretboads
Probably pretty close. The biggest difference I've noticed with many Korean guitars are the pickups and hardware, not so much the build quality. That's just an overall opinion of what I see. Some guitars may be a little better, some may be a little worse, but overall, they are about the same.
I'd go Agile, personally.
I've never heard of Agile having bad quality control and I've also heard that in instances where someone gets a "bad apple" Kurt has helped them out to get the guitar fixed or replaced. Obviously, once you get up to the 2800 level and higher, you're getting a very nice guitar for the price.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
I've never been amazed by LTD, but they're pretty good. There is quite a price difference, but I would take the EC-1000 over an AL-3000.

There are people on here who recommend Agiles without ever playing them... it's becoming the new Schecter of UG.
Quote by W4RP1G
Probably pretty close. The biggest difference I've noticed with many Korean guitars are the pickups and hardware, not so much the build quality. That's just an overall opinion of what I see. Some guitars may be a little better, some may be a little worse, but overall, they are about the same.

Which usually is pretty good. Not quite on par with Japan or (depending on the company) the US, but close.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Agiles are nice, but I've not played one yet that could hang with an EC1000. I'd get the LTD, especially since you know you already like it. Nothing would suck more than getting an Agile in the mail and finding out you didn't like it. It's too bad they have such a tiny presence in actual music stores, they'd probably do good business against the Epi and lower-end LTD models.
Quote by Roc8995
Agiles are nice, but I've not played one yet that could hang with an EC1000. I'd get the LTD, especially since you know you already like it. Nothing would suck more than getting an Agile in the mail and finding out you didn't like it. It's too bad they have such a tiny presence in actual music stores, they'd probably do good business against the Epi and lower-end LTD models.

True, but the reason they have such low prices is you buy directly from them - if they were sold at stores I'd imagine they'd be considerably more expensive, at least some of them.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
2nd hand ESP Eclipse.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Roc8995
You're right, of course. It just sucks.

that it does I'd love to be able to try one out but they don't carry them anywhere -I mean, I COULD drive up to wherever Rondo is based (I'm in MA, near Boston), but I really can't be bothered.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by Pat_s1t
The AL-3100 is more like a Les Paul than an Eclipse. If you wanted an Agile that could stand up to the EC-1000, this would probably be better:
http://www.rondomusic.com/product4532.html

After shipping and applicable taxes/duties you'll be at if not over the LTD in price!
Moving on.....
Quote by oneblackened
True, but the reason they have such low prices is you buy directly from them - if they were sold at stores I'd imagine they'd be considerably more expensive, at least some of them.

I had some idiot post some BS argument like this, it resulted in me posting a shit load of MIJ/MIA guitars that would be in the same price range as the Agile.

Agile are shit when you think about it, if they were in stores they would just be massively over priced Meh.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by KenG
After shipping and applicable taxes/duties you'll be at if not over the LTD in price!

Not to mention it would show up 8 months from now.
Quote by KenG
If anywhere outside the US, hell yeah you would be. Only thing it has over the EC is neck-thru really, and even that's just my preference. I'm still getting a custom 7 from them though
just a question, what is the difference between the al-3100 and the al-3200? cause the 3100 can have the added option of neckthru.... so....

whats the dif.?
A friend of mine plays my Agile AL3000 at gigs and likes it as much as his Les Paul Elegant custom shop costing almost 10x as much after mods.
Guitars:
Agile AL 3000
Alvarez AD60SC
Ibanez GRX20
Squire Standard Strat

Amp:
Peavey Valveking 2x12

Effects:
Digitech Grunge
Behringer Tube Overdrive TO800
Digitech GNX3

i thought losing my virginity would be better than that
Thanks for the replies guys. The model I'm looking at is the Blue Flame 3100 w/ EMG's (although I'm trying to get Kurt to swap them out with SD blackouts asI know theyve shipped with them in the past).

The reason I'm interested in the agile is because its not the exact same as the Ec. The hardware on the Agile is better than the newer Ec's. ie, Graphtech Tusq nut, NVS2 bridge, 18:1 grover tuners. And I'm also completely boner over the finish, and the 300 dollar price difference. Plus if I get it and hate it, I can always send it back and go with the EC anyways....anyone see any problems with that?

Ps. The people who always say agiles are crap never seem to have much supporting evidence. I'm not buying into the "agile is Better than TeH GibbY" BS but im sure everyone isnt raving over nothing at all.

Ps, I have a Schecter C1 Elite, 05 model, and Its a great guitar. Is it cool to hate schecter now, too?
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Jackson DKMG Dinky

Peavey 6505
Quote by Bad.Seed
Thanks for the replies guys. The model I'm looking at is the Blue Flame 3100 w/ EMG's (although I'm trying to get Kurt to swap them out with SD blackouts asI know theyve shipped with them in the past).

The reason I'm interested in the agile is because its not the exact same as the Ec. The hardware on the Agile is better than the newer Ec's. ie, Graphtech Tusq nut, NVS2 bridge, 18:1 grover tuners. And I'm also completely boner over the finish, and the 300 dollar price difference. Plus if I get it and hate it, I can always send it back and go with the EC anyways....anyone see any problems with that?

Ps. The people who always say agiles are crap never seem to have much supporting evidence. I'm not buying into the "agile is Better than TeH GibbY" BS but im sure everyone isnt raving over nothing at all.

Ps, I have a Schecter C1 Elite, 05 model, and Its a great guitar. Is it cool to hate schecter now, too?

the hating bandwagon changes every 4-6 weeks on here. i remember schecter used to be like the first recommendation to every

"what guitar should i buy for hardrock/metal?"
"well Schecter of course."

i dont know what schecter did wrong, but the opinion swayed. personally i haven't liked schecters i have played, but on paper as far as features goes they look nice.

the gibson bandwagon is largely people who (and i am not saying to be a jerk)
A. havent played long enough to bond with one
B. have never played one
C. ran into a bad one or two and thats it. i have quite a few gibbys, and all of the newer model year ones have been better QC than some of the other MIJ's i got (jackson, ec1000) *cough*

dont want to start that one, yea but everybody will hate agile in the next six weeks i predict

/rant

to the OP, i have never played an agile, so i really dont have anything to advise going there, plenty of people like them, so i don't feel that it would be risky to try one, but i would have to go with an EC1000, or better yet, a used ESP horizon (as sombody above me mentioned).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
EC1000 is Korean. Eclipse II is MIJ.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I don't hate Schecter by any means.

It's just that a year or two ago, Schecter was the answer for everything as trashedlostfdup said.

"Hey I'm looking for a good guitar for jazz"

"Get teh Schect0r guitarz omg EMG br00t@lz"

I've been more impressed by Schecter's lower-end stuff because the finish on the necks of their Hellraiser series is so disgusting.

And quite honestly, if I had to compare Agile to any guitar company, it would be Schecter. They're cheaper than similar guitars, but they're still just Korean-made guitars with features you don't usually find on guitars for that price, which is exactly why Schecter got so popular.

To be frank I think that the options Agile offers is the only thing it has going for it.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I don't hate Schecter by any means.

It's just that a year or two ago, Schecter was the answer for everything as trashedlostfdup said.

"Hey I'm looking for a good guitar for jazz"

"Get teh Schect0r guitarz omg EMG br00t@lz"

I've been more impressed by Schecter's lower-end stuff because the finish on the necks of their Hellraiser series is so disgusting.

And quite honestly, if I had to compare Agile to any guitar company, it would be Schecter. They're cheaper than similar guitars, but they're still just Korean-made guitars with features you don't usually find on guitars for that price, which is exactly why Schecter got so popular.

To be frank I think that the options Agile offers is the only thing it has going for it.

Truth.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
Truth.

what exactly do you mean by this?
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Jackson DKMG Dinky

Peavey 6505
Quote by Bad.Seed
what exactly do you mean by this?

I'm saying the stuff I bolded is true...

But Agiles aren't bad - for the price you pay - , in fact the next guitar I'm getting will be an Agile.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
I'm saying the stuff I bolded is true...

But Agiles aren't bad - for the price you pay - , in fact the next guitar I'm getting will be an Agile.

Agiles, very arguably, make the best guitars out there in their price range. After playing multiple rondo guitars, IMO they really blow comparable models out of the water. Some of those being the Epiphones and PRS SE models with the same price tag.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quality wise, all other things aside, an Agile isn't going to stand up to an LTD Deluxe.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Pac_man0123
They do make pretty good guitars for the price, but when I can get a used MIJ Ibanez for under $400... well, you can probably guess what happens *points to my sig*

Well, admittedly, it's not all that common to find a decent Ibanez 7 (MIJ of course) in Boston, which is why I'm not pouncing on one.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Craigslist has been great to me this week.

I was able to pick up an agile Al2000 off some dude for 50 bucks and a Digitech hardwire pedal sitting in my closet.

I've gotta say, I'm rather impressed. Finish is excellent, fretwork is great, no dead spots but there is a slight bit of overhang on the high e side of the 6th fret. The pots suck, plain and simple. Feels like there is sand in them and there is very little difference between full volume and 25% but these are a cheap fix.

The pickups are not the best, but theyre surprisingly less muddy than the Duncan designed's in my Schecter C1 Elite.

The guitar itself is beautiful, and looks much better than I anticipated. I know its a phototop/veneer but so is the LTD Deluxe so no complaints at all there.

This makes me feel pretty confident about picking up the blue flame 3100. i had an Ec-50 for years sitting in my room when I wasnt playing guitar at all, and I can honestly say this thing blows it away and the agile is 25 bucks cheaper. I also had an Epiphone prophecy custom and I would take this over that guitar any day. The epi had an awesome finish and neck, but the tone was deader than dead, where as this has a decent tone even with stock Pups. I think I may order some GFS Fat Pats to throw in this thing and maybe a graphtech bridge/tusq nut if I can find a used one on ebay for the cheapz

Anybody interested in pics?
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Jackson DKMG Dinky

Peavey 6505