I'm buying this next week so I want to know if using it at 50w wears off the tubes more quickly, If the answer is Yes, can I use it with a 1x12 Rectifier Cab (I know the V30 is 60w) running full 100w? (but still no more than 25% on Master).

If you believe this is not a good cab option for my head suggestions are more than welcome, something not very expensive and 2x12 at most.
No, it would wear the tubes less because you're only using 2 tubes instead of 4.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
No, it would wear the tubes less because you're only using 2 tubes instead of 4.

So I guess there is no problem if I run it through the 1x12 recto cab. I believe I can run the amp full 100w with 2 1x12 recto cabs. Right? 60w+60w=120w...
Yes, you could.

Also, don't run it at 100w through just one V30, you'll either be treading a VERY thin line by playing at low volume, or end up blowing the speaker anyway.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
Yes, you could.

Also, don't run it at 100w through just one V30, you'll either be treading a VERY thin line by playing at low volume, or end up blowing the speaker anyway.

Any other 1x12 cab you suggest? Maybe Orange or Vox?
Why not get a 212?

Don't get a Vox if you want to play metal...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta

Won't that wear only two tubes in the same amount of time?
Orange are good options for 212's.

Depends if you want open or closed back. A closed back will give you a tighter bass response and be a little drier whereas an open back will have a looser bass response.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by jpnyc
Won't that wear only two tubes in the same amount of time?

Well, you'd still have another two tubes available to use, wouldn't you?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
Why not get a 212?

That's what i think
Last edited by megaduu at Sep 7, 2011,
You could get an unloaded closed back 1x12 and grab an Eminence Texas Heat which is rated at 150w and another forumite, Ippon, swears by them (and EVM12Ls if you can find them at a good price). And I trust Ippon.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
You could get an unloaded closed back 1x12 and grab an Eminence Texas Heat which is rated at 150w and another forumite, Ippon, swears by them (and EVM12Ls if you can find them at a good price). And I trust Ippon.

I Found the EVM12L , I hope I can put my hands over it... Wow man, 200W!!!!!
That is an absolutely GREAT speaker for Mesas.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Raijouta
Why not get a 212?

Is the Laney Cub-Cab a good option? I can see is very cheap and has celestion's, but are those GOOD celestion's?
Where are you located?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Where are you ordering a Mesa from? I thought that you got all mad saying Mesa hates Mexicans for not selling there. Where are you looking to buy a cab from as well? I was assuming you were in the States. My fault.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Where are you ordering a Mesa from? I thought that you got all mad saying Mesa hates Mexicans for not selling there. Where are you looking to buy a cab from as well? I was assuming you were in the States. My fault.

A relative I have in the States is buying the head for me, the cab I have to buy it here in Mexico, I do not have enough money to get a nice cab from the states since I'm spending almost all of it on the head.
Well I don't know what the market for cabs is like in Mexico. If you could dredge up some cabs and their respective prices, then we can help you make an informed decision.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Well I don't know what the market for cabs is like in Mexico. If you could dredge up some cabs and their respective prices, then we can help you make an informed decision.

I can get Laney, Marshall, Vox, Orange and Randall, even used Mesa Boogie's but this ones are way way overpriced. I do need to save some money, that head is gonna suck almost all the money I can get within a year xD.
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Sep 7, 2011,
No, I mean an actual list. for example,

Mesa Recto 2x12, (price)
Orange PPC closed back 2x12, (price)
Laney Cub 1x12, (price)
etc
etc
etc

No one can help you find the right cab for you if we don't know your budget, what's readily available, and their comparitive priceings.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Sorry, you are right. My budget is like $200, $350 or even $400 if you push it really hard.

These are the ones in my budget:

Laney Cub-Cab 2x12 $200 (new)
Marshall JCM800 Lead 4x12 (2xG12T75 & 2xV30) $350 (used)
Marshall JVMC212 $400 (new)

I'll check with local stores for more options.
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Sep 7, 2011,
Grab it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals