Hello every one. I'll get right to the point and word it the best way I can think
I am seeking a way to set up a live guitar rig to produce "stutter" effects/ "glitch" effects during a live performance for a post hardcore band. (Mostly its for open chords for breakdowns and electronic parts). I have searched and searched and I am pulling my damn hair out trying to figure out what piece of equipment I can use to accomplish this. I have found pedals such as the HEXE Revolver and the EHX Killswitch pedals which is almost close. But the thing is that I cant reach down when I am playing to switch the "Stutter" beat from, lets say, 16th notes to 32nd notes within the same song or even the same measure... I was looking at the Digidesign Eleven Rack Guitar Multi Effects Processor but I'm not sure if it will be able to fit my needs.... sigh.. Any help from you guys will be fantastic and thank you for taking the time for reading.
Last edited by ITHEPROMISE at Sep 7, 2011,
Either a killswitch on your guitar, (or the Tom Morello thing) - or you could get a tremolo pedal, but that might not do the job.
Where's Waldo?
those things are made in music programs. And then edited. and then edited. and then layered. and then edited. etc. They are mp3 files.

Get a loop pedal and play them, a drum pad (far more expensive, but if you can it has more options and the drummer can do it. or you can go myyy wayyy....

and get a Kaosillator and mount it on a mic stand or a keyboard and play a million instruments at once! I had an Alesis Air FX too that I used my foot for for a long time. Favorite thing in the world. But, it broke and they don't make them anymore.

hope I sent you on many adventures and possibly answered your question!
Quote by ASJerrell
those things are made in music programs. And then edited. and then edited. and then layered. and then edited. etc. They are mp3 files.

Get a loop pedal and play them, a drum pad (far more expensive, but if you can it has more options and the drummer can do it. or you can go myyy wayyy....

and get a Kaosillator and mount it on a mic stand or a keyboard and play a million instruments at once! I had an Alesis Air FX too that I used my foot for for a long time. Favorite thing in the world. But, it broke and they don't make them anymore.

Yeah I know thats how the process is done in the studio. I was just hoping to bring it to a live audience
I checked out the Kaosillator and the Alesis Air FX and thats kinda the same concept. But I was hoping for something that I myself can either emulate within a sample programmed within a multi effect processor or a setting I can create with a pedal. I'm looking for the best way to execute this myself while still being able to rock out. Maybe too much to ask? If thats the case what other routes can I go to accomplish this. Thanks again guys for the input so far.
If im understanding what sound you're going after couldn't you just role the volume down all the way on the pickup your not using and just use the pick up selector to go back and forth really quick between the two pick ups?
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Sep 7, 2011,
Boss Slicer pedal maybe?
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by ASJerrell

Good thinking..
Last edited by megaduu at Sep 7, 2011,
Yes these are all good options. But I'm afraid I am not explaining this correct or perhaps I do not have a "practical" grasp on delivering this effect. It might be better to let everyone listen than try to explain with words.
http://youtu.be/rHJ5gGhDPDQ
The "stutter" effect is expressed at 0:23 as well as 0:43
And again I thank all of you for your feed back. If this is a lost cause or cant be replicated live just let me know so I will stop bothering everyone
But until then I will search it out!!
Thanks again guys
that stutter is the guitar and bass double muting, and the drummer hitting on of the heads all at the same tempo and time.

not hard to do at all.
the grasshopper type sound before 23 is the drummer hitting some kind of head really fast.
Man, that band is awful. But that is not the matter!
I think the Boss Slicer can do stuff like that. Or possibly even the right delay. The next problem you'll have is that in order for it to sound really tight everyone in your band needs to be doing it.
The problem with this isn't finding the effect - the TC Electronics G-Major or G-Force can do this with the tremolo setup the right way (square/hard waveform setting, low pulse width), but if you want to do it live then good luck making the instruments sync up. Getting the stuttering coordinated between two guitarists and a bass player is nigh impossible.

edit: unless you have a midi clock that controls all the units, plus a metronome to get everyone nice and tight, including the drummer. Get ready to go broke.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Sep 7, 2011,
Quote by Pikka Bird

edit: unless you have a midi clock that controls all the units, plus a metronome to get everyone nice and tight, including the drummer. Get ready to go broke.

What gear would you recommend for the set up? We are mostly looking for the guitars to give this effect but like you said we also want everything to be tight with our drummer so that this stutter effect is in rhythm with the set. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys
backing tracks.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
This seems kind of like what you want. Maybe not so adjustable, but I'm not so well acquainted with the program.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by randomhero93
backing tracks.

Perfect! Thank you sooo much!!
Any suggestions on programs or how to set it up on my laptop (gear and such) any threads you can point me to?
Thanks again for all the input guys!!!
\m/