So I bought Photoshop recently, mainly because I was convinced to by some crappy salesman.
But Ive never used it in my life and have no idea how to.

Has anyone found any good tutorials for photoshop in the past?

I googled, but found nothing but shitty ones that expect you to pay to learn.
So if anyone knows of any good ones, it'd be great!
Didn't know Adobe was selling of their flagship.

Oh, you mean you 'bought a licence to use'?

If you don't know what to do with it, then you should have downloaded 'the Gimp' and used the money to buy more gear.
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
I find it odd that you would buy something before you knew how to use it.

I would look for tutorials on Youtube.
Quote by xgunterx
Didn't know Adobe was selling of their flagship.

Oh, you mean you 'bought a licence to use'?

If you don't know what to do with it, then you should have downloaded 'the Gimp' and used the money to buy more gear.

Snide comments aren't really necessary, but thanks for showing up.

Quote by Gyroscope

I blame a very successful salesman
Quote by Gyroscope

I would look for tutorials on Youtube.

Erm...we buy stuff all the time before knowing how to use it. That's what instructions are for.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by tyler_j
Snide comments aren't really necessary, but thanks for showing up.

I blame a very successful salesman

Very successful or very handsome?
Last edited by WantsLesPaul at Sep 7, 2011,
Well it depends on what you actually want, but my school has loads of them just on Word documents. I'm happy to save them and e-mail them to you (some are shorter than others!)

Anything to help a fellow Adelaidian!
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
what do you want to do with photoshop?
there are plenty of good tutorials all over the internet.
Quote by coco-loco
Well it depends on what you actually want, but my school has loads of them just on Word documents. I'm happy to save them and e-mail them to you (some are shorter than others!)

Anything to help a fellow Adelaidian!

That would be most awesome, man
Quote by tyler_j
That would be most awesome, man

Alright, done deal!

I'll need your E-Mail though, so if you PM me that, and I'll send you as many Photoshop tutorials tomorrow!

Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Youtube is your friend and it helped me a lot with Adobe tutorials.

I'd get used to basics like setting light levels and removing red eye in some old photos but after that you can start doing face swaps.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3p3OJIiGFY
Drawing stuff is a bit of a pain until you get a dedicated drawing pad for your PC/Mac but you'll be able to make some really awesome stuff.

Basically, almost anything rasta-based you want to happen, will happen in photoshop.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Ih5g
what do you want to do with photoshop?
there are plenty of good tutorials all over the internet.

This.
Googling 'free photoshop tutorials'
Or '___ in photoshop' with ___ being the technique you want to use works for me
RIP Gooze

cats
first, congrats... Photoshop is the a very powerful and deep program. I have used it for many MANY years and still find hidden gems. Most important don't get overwhelmed by it, at first it is going to be crazy confusing but as you get used to it you will get better. Try to find a local "adobe user group" either online or one that holds meetings, we have one where i live and i always come away with really awesome tips and tricks. Other than online searches find an easy to use book at your local library, take as many as you can out and find the one or two that fits your level. from there just play around and experiment.
1) layers are your friend! once you learn layers life becomes much easier
2) take your time and play around with different images and effects
3) just like a guitar the only real way to get better is to practice practice practice
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
first, congrats... Photoshop is the a very powerful and deep program. I have used it for many MANY years and still find hidden gems. Most important don't get overwhelmed by it, at first it is going to be crazy confusing but as you get used to it you will get better. Try to find a local "adobe user group" either online or one that holds meetings, we have one where i live and i always come away with really awesome tips and tricks. Other than online searches find an easy to use book at your local library, take as many as you can out and find the one or two that fits your level. from there just play around and experiment.
1) layers are your friend! once you learn layers life becomes much easier
2) take your time and play around with different images and effects
3) just like a guitar the only real way to get better is to practice practice practice

Thanks heaps for that, I'll keep it all in mind

Quote by coco-loco
Alright, done deal!

I'll need your E-Mail though, so if you PM me that, and I'll send you as many Photoshop tutorials tomorrow!

And thanks, I'll PM it to you
Last edited by tyler_j at Sep 7, 2011,
I would find a classroom text book or a lab book on ebay.

Learning photoshop helps teache you how to use a lot of adobe's other products too. Things like adobe flash have a lot of the same features.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by tyler_j
So I bought Photoshop

edit: ninja'd
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
From experience, it takes years to really get to grips with what Photoshop can do. I'd start with some tutorials on youtube, then just experiment yourself.

I'm not sure why you bought it though.... there are much easier/cheaper options for people who aren't doing anything complex/professional.
I have Photoshop software in my personal computer and i also use it to make perfect every image. Real photos can not look good without editing with software. I have Photoshop CS4 and it works very well. You can search in youtube to learn about any software. This site give you full detail of it.
Quote by alfonskent
I have Photoshop software in my personal computer and i also use it to make perfect every image. Real photos can not look good without editing with software. I have Photoshop CS4 and it works very well. You can search in youtube to learn about any software. This site give you full detail of it.

k koo

Hopefully TS isn't still deliberating over Photoshop.
West Ham United