Page 1 of 2
meh.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
it's not that i don't like signature guitars, this just isn't particularly exciting
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
it's not that i don't like signature guitars, this just isn't particularly exciting

Well, yeah. But I always wanted a Fender Jaguar, but I never found a left-handed one (I'm left-handed). And now I finally can have one.
Meh. Okay, I guess.

I prefer G&L. Ya know, the real Fender
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Too bad Fender is commiserating the death of an average musician with an above average guitar.

Kurt gobang doesn't deserve his name on a guitar.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
It's a nice guitar IMO. I wonder why making an official Kurt signature guitar took this long.

i like how alucard and andalus are like "waaaah thats unfair becuz i am bettar at giutar then kurt cobain he dont desurve signitchur modle!!!1". being a particularly good guitarist is not what gets you a signature guitar. you might not think he deserves a signature model but apparently fender do and it's up to them really, isn't it? if they think it will sell they'll do it.

having said that, it's interesting to see fender actually remembered to make a left handed version of a left handed guitarist's signature model i think they should make it lefty only, although maybe i'd think differently if i actually wanted to buy one.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
ye i feel that fender needs to make more lefty guitars...im not a lefty but some of my friends are and its difficult for them
Quote by Blompcube

i like how alucard and andalus are like "waaaah thats unfair becuz i am bettar at giutar then kurt cobain he dont desurve signitchur modle!!!1". being a particularly good guitarist is not what gets you a signature guitar. you might not think he deserves a signature model but apparently fender do and it's up to them really, isn't it? if they think it will sell they'll do it.

having said that, it's interesting to see fender actually remembered to make a left handed version of a left handed guitarist's signature model i think they should make it lefty only, although maybe i'd think differently if i actually wanted to buy one.

And you're all like WAAAAH Alucard is going WAAAAAAH!

Pot. Meet Kettle.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Alucard817

Pot. Meet Kettle.

God, I remember when I used to think these sort of responses made a valid argument
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Alucard817

Pot. Meet Kettle.

as much as you'd like to think that, i was actually trying to get you to start thinking about things with a certain level of maturity and rationality, for your own benefit.

so please do get over my light hearted "waaah" comment and read this:

my point was that being anything more than average in terms of how well you can play a guitar is not part of the criteria that determines whether you get a signature model or not - it's all about whether the manufacturers think such a guitar will sell or not. "deserving" has got nothing to do with it. jonas brothers melody maker, anyone?
Rig Winter 2017:

The only bad thing about this guitar is that as soon as the wood is finally broken in and it hits its sweet spot, it develops this whiny sad sound and then the headstock explodes.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Quote by Blompcube
as much as you'd like to think that, i was actually trying to get you to start thinking about things with a certain level of maturity and rationality, for your own benefit.

so please do get over my light hearted "waaah" comment and read this:

my point was that being anything more than average in terms of how well you can play a guitar is not part of the criteria that determines whether you get a signature model or not - it's all about whether the manufacturers think such a guitar will sell or not. "deserving" has got nothing to do with it. jonas brothers melody maker, anyone?

Oh wow a 20 something is telling me about maturity.

You can go on all day and "educate" me as to why people get sigs, Yes I know it's all about making money off the artists name (Dimebag Darryl anyone?) that still doesn't detract from my opinion that Kurt gobang doesn't deserve a sig.

God forbid someone has an opinion about anything on these forums.

Quote by Banjocal
God, I remember when I used to think these sort of responses made a valid argument

Actually brainiac it does. It made the point that he was whining about my whining.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Alucard817

You can go on all day and "educate" me as to why people get sigs, Yes I know it's all about making money off the artists name (Dimebag Darryl anyone?) that still doesn't detract from my opinion that Kurt gobang doesn't deserve a sig.

You're approaching it like having a signature guitar is somehow a holy sacred thing, or something. That you have to "deserve" it, which clearly isn't the case. Companies make signature guitars only to sell more products with the name.
Quote by Alucard817
He was pointing about that having a signature is not about being deserving of it, but about whether your name will get money, and that if you looked past deservedness, you would see the bigger picture, benefiting yourself. You were insulting Cobain (who has been dead for some time now and thus had no say in this signature model) because he was an average guitarist who is getting a signature.

As for pointing out he doesn't deserve it, it is a wasted point, as it is irrelevant to whether an artist gets a signature; yet you still make the point despite claiming you know it is all about money.

You then decided that pointing out that a signature is not about worthiness but monetary value was "whining", and proceeded to respond somewhat immaturely rather than conducting yourself with good manners and respect for other users.

Oh, and if a user on any forum tells you that you are not behaving maturely, particularly if they regular on the forum, you are probably not. Listen to blompcube: he knows of what he speaks.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 7, 2011,
Looks interesting, but I'm still waiting for a Dee Dee Ramone P-bass.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
i think what he is trying to get at, was that kurt cobain wasn't really anything special, (which i don't really think he was imo) and that if guitarists really aren't groundbreaking, they shouldn't have guitars named after them.

i wholeheartedly agree with that statement. but some fool will buy the guitar because it says kurt which is why the fake fender markets that shit.
They mention it's Road Worn, which means MIM. They must be getting into the Road Worn stuff a lot more. Nate Mendel from the Foo Fighters is getting a Road Worn signature P Bass in January.
I never did like the feel of the Road Worn stuff. The "wear" feels so fake. The sound however, is brilliant.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by 00_hns_00
i think what he is trying to get at, was that kurt cobain wasn't really anything special, (which i don't really think he was imo) and that if guitarists really aren't groundbreaking, they shouldn't have guitars named after them.

i wholeheartedly agree with that statement. but some fool will buy the guitar because it says kurt which is why the fake fender markets that shit.

although i'm not much of a fan i think Kurt is probably one of the most deserving of a sig model. not because of his skills but because of his impact on future guitar players. just like Ace Frehley in the 70s Kurt showed that you didn't need virtuoso skills to be an ultra successful guitar player. this sells far more guitars than any guitar hero. why because the average guy can look at him and say "hey if he can do it so can i". i'd guess that there is a shit ton f guys that picked up a guitar in the 90s bcause of Kurt and now that tey are older and have some cash would love to have a guitar like the guy that got them started. the actual guitar looks pretty nice even if it's not my cup of tea.
This thread is retarded. fender can make a signature guitar for whoever they like. Kurt played a Jaguar and he modified his guitars to his liking, so if Fender wants to offer a signature model in that configuration, that's up to them. Anyone who disagrees can go start their own damn guitar company and decide who gets a signature. Hell, you could even decide who gets a guitar period. You could only sell to those whom you deem worthy.

And of course signature guitars are about making money. People are willing to buy a guitar because their favorite guitarist plays it, and they are willing to pay extra for the endorsement. That's called supply and demand. Fender wouldn't be a big company if they didn't know how to turn a profit.
Quote by Alucard817
Too bad Fender is commiserating the death of an average musician with an above average guitar.

Robert Johnson was a completely average guitar player. What are you trying to say?
Quote by Pac_man0123

Just a Jaguar with Dimarzio pickups and a relic'd finish.

This, this is all it really is, they just want another reason to up price a slightly unpopular guitar(jags aren't very popular from what I've seen, compared to the Strats and Teles).
Quote by Alucard817

and all i'm saying is, you can go on all day throwing your toys out of the pram about how kurt cobain doesn't deserve a signature (you and the other guy), doesn't change the fact it's got nothing to do with whether they 'deserve' one or not.

and that doesn't mean you're not allowed to still think he doesn't deserve one - god forbid someone should see things from a different perspective on these forums

@banjocal:
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by W4RP1G
You could only sell to those whom you deem worthy.

LOL.

Quote by Jyrgen
I wonder why making an official Kurt signature guitar took this long.

A long time ago Fender made the Jagstang. They even put "designed by Kurt Cobain" on the back of the headstock.

I still kick myself for not grabbing one for $400 when I had a chance a few years ago, but I'll settle for my MIJ Mustang for now. Don't worry, I'm not going to give it a red pick guard or a bucker--that would be fanboyish. And I'll leave the bridge alone, too.

Sure, Kurt wasn't a great player, and history tells us he pretty much sucked at life. Who knows what might have been if he hadn't tangled with drugs--he played amazingly well live for a guy so hopped up he could hardly walk sometimes.

I'm not going to judge his song writing skills here, but I will say he sure did turn popular music on its head more than most guitar heroes ever get to. I could see how it would be tough to appreciate that without having lived through 70s, 80s, and 90s radio, though. But that's just my opinon and I'm sure plenty of other folks that experienced it too may disagree.

That's a lot of money for any guitar in my book, but it might be fun to mod a regular Jazzmaster with similar electronics.
I really can't wait for all the kids who recently started playing guitar to come to the shop and start playing Nirvana on this guitar. I can't wait, I tell you!
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
wheres all the tape? it needs tape. dammit fender

you have a good point there

maybe they'll supply you with some tape so you can do it yourself, just like the joe strummer signature comes with replica stickers so you can stick them to your guitar if you want to
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by 57Goldtop
The only bad thing about this guitar is that as soon as the wood is finally broken in and it hits its sweet spot, it develops this whiny sad sound and then the headstock explodes.

E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Quote by Alucard817

He obviously deserves it a lot more than you.

Quote by Andalus
Kurt F*ckflake doesn't deserve this.

And you as well..

Too many young ass kids think they can just trash Nirvana and claim their incompetency as musicians.. Nirvana was never about shredding brutal metal licks on guitar.. Curt Cobain has influenced the majority of 90's grunge bands, and he will continue to influence bands for years to come.

So shut your mouths and get famous so you can get your own signature guitars.
Guitar isn't a contest. Grow the F*ck up.
I wouldn't get it
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Page 1 of 2