Hey guys,

Just bought my first bass. Going fine and all, but I really can't work out exactly what all the nobs on the amps and guitar do.

On the Amp, there's obviously volume, but then there's treble, middle and bass. Then under "Effects" there's Presence. Also, on the guitar there's three nobs:

http://www.carlingfordmusic.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_48&products_id=2410

Thanks guys
Hey Userlastname

The Treble, middle and bass are part of your equalizer, which means that they shape how your sound is going to be like. Presence (if I'm not wrong) usually adds some upper mids and treble, making your bass sound a little "sharper" in a way.

The tree knobs on the bass are:
- The one cloest to the neck : volume for the front (neck) pickup
- The on in the middle: volume for the back (bridge) pickup
- The one closest to the bridge is your master tone knob. When you have it turn all the way to the right, your tone is going to be quite bass-y. The more you turn it clock-wise, the brigther it gets.

Sorry if my explanation wasn't really top-notch, but I'm tired
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
The two volumes are pretty self-explanitory, as stated above.

The tone knob, set at full (supposedly) does nothing to your tone and sounds pretty much like your pickups straight to the amplifier. As you rill off your tone knob, it cuts highs from your sound so you sound bassier because the treble frequencies aren't there.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Presence works much the same as the tone knob on your bass I think (except instead of rolling off highs, it adds them). Thats what it always sounded like to me anyways
Quote by Cb4rabid
All the nobs?

Yeah, when I read the title I started to wonder if this was going to be a puberty-related question
Gear:

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Hey, maybe he bought an Alembic?

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Blatantly photoshopped
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Actually, it isn't:

God only knows what those knobs and switches actually do.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Nr 15: Singer Mute
Nr 17: Coolness Factor

Wait...... what?
Gear:

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Just looking at it, that's not real. It's been photoshopped and not too well either.

I'm convinced.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Actually it is shopped. Didn't Alembic say it was an April fools joke or something?
pinga