Hey guys, looking for a new amp as my previously trusty crate has blown a fuse. This is obviously fixable but it's time for an upgrade all the same. I have never owned a tube amp before, but I have played on a few, Marshalls were my first choice but after trying out The Dsl, Tsl, Jcm 900 and VM, I found myself looking for something a little nicer on the cleans. I run a large fx chain, using a marshall shredmaster and a big muff for dirt so clean is my main concern, also looking to get a tube screamer.

The one I am liking most is the Orange Range, I'm really digging their tone and alot of there artists tones. Price upto about 2000 Maxx, incl Cab. The model i liked the most was the Ad30. One of my querrys is that going to be loud enough? We dont always mic up live and sometimes play to 200 - 300 people. Seccondly what type of cab will I need.

The tones I seek are quite broad. I Play Led Zeppelin Esque riffs, Mars Volta craziness and alot of Pixies driven stuff. Please help with suggestions and stuff. Cheers
You won't get clean cleans over a drummer at 30w. It will be more of a light crunch/dirty clean. Good amp choice though, I love the Ad30.

On second thoughts I think orange underrate their amps wattage and it's 30w clean output? Might be mistaken but as long as you don't want super clean cleans it will be fine.

I think it would be perfect for zepplin.

If volume is an issue than that's a good excuse to start micing up, it's not a good excuse to not get the amp
RIP Gooze

cats
Sounds like a plan then, unfortunatly wont get to test it my self, got a freind coming the states, telling him pick me up this bad boy on his way in. Will get the cab in NZ. Cheers guys
Orange amps have great tone, and should be able to hit the tones you want. You might also want to look into a Vox AC30 combo. Incredible cleans. 30W tube is quite loud. It'll be loud enough to get over your drummer and should be loud enough for the gigs you described. If not, you can always mic up like mulefish said.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
What amp isn't rated clean output?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
What amp isn't rated clean output?

Oh, I didn't think they all were...
I'm probably wrong though
RIP Gooze

cats
30 sould be plenty loud. It seems to me like Orange amps are always louder than they are rated for.

Good choice too. ADs are pretty amazing. If you could find a used RV50 those are sweet as well.

On another note (this might sound blasphemous since i'm an Orange fanatic) have you looked into Vox and Fender? If super clean is your main concern and you get your dirt from pedals, you could check out a Deville 60w, Hot Rod 60w or an AC30. Great cleans and they take pedals really well.
Orange Rockerverb 100MKII
Orange PPC412C
Fender Telecaster: Hotrails, Air Norton, Area '58
Bass big muff
Russian big muff
Boss OC-3
Boss DD-3
Last edited by DefRebelOrange at Sep 7, 2011,
I luff my Orange 2x12. It has not only helped my tone tremendously, but also increased my upper body strength, as it weighs more than a fully loaded Geo Metro. Seriously.
Guitars:
Epi Les Paul Custom Blackback
Gibson SG Classic w/ P90s
Epi Les Paul Ultra I
Squier Tele Black & Chrome
Taylor 210e

Amps:
Marshall JVM210H
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1969 Lead cab
Orange PPC 2x12 cab
Quote by ohiomatt33
I luff my Orange 2x12. It has not only helped my tone tremendously, but also increased my upper body strength, as it weighs more than a fully loaded Geo Metro. Seriously.

Amen to that!
Orange Rockerverb 100MKII
Orange PPC412C
Fender Telecaster: Hotrails, Air Norton, Area '58
Bass big muff
Russian big muff
Boss OC-3
Boss DD-3
I personally adore the ad30tc. imo cleans are good but there are other options as said. Depends on what you call clean.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
fretz is absolutely right.