I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this, but for any scientists, or people interested in science here on UG, I have just started a weekly podcast covering science news and a bunch of other science stuff.

My website is sciencism.cc or you can check it out on iTunes here.

Also check out Sciencism: Critical Eye

If you like the show, please remember to subscribe and rate the podcast on iTunes!

Edit 21/09/2011: If you have any science questions you would like answering on the show just email them to mail@sciencism.cc with the subject "science question".
Last edited by brokenwizard at Nov 10, 2011,
In iTunes, on the album artwork or whatever you'd call it, you've misspelt "scientific".

Am going to check these first two episodes out.
Is there any way you could stream them? I'd love to listen to them, but I have a general (laziness-based) internet policy of not downloading sound or video files
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
I was actually thinking about finding something like this the other day.

Gonna check it out.
Quote by Drakathan
Is there any way you could stream them? I'd love to listen to them, but I have a general (laziness-based) internet policy of not downloading sound or video files

Just for you (literally!) there is now a stream link at sciencismau.org, it will play the newest episode by default but using the menu you can navigate to previous episodes.

You may have to hit F5 to refresh and clear the cache if you have already visited the website.
Episode 003, 14/09/2011 is now available for download;

In this weeks episode of Sciencism host Ross Balch is joined by; Natalie McKirdy, and Dan Abrahmsen. Coming up, we have golden meteorites, fishy genomes, zombie caterpillars, lunar conspiracies, Nobel shenanigans, and an interview with Walbachia researcher Professor Scott O'Neil.
Hey guys, Episode 004 20/09/2011 is now available for dowload, plenty of cool stuff this week including urban legends about the great wall of china, flat earth conspiracies, synthetic genomes and ancient dinosaur feathers.
Last edited by brokenwizard at Sep 20, 2011,
In Sciencism this week, host Ross Balch is joined by; Natalie McKirdy and Dan Abrahmsen.

Coming up we talk about bright spots on Mercury and the MESSENGER probe, The Ig Nobel awards announced, cancer cells fight chemo and ancient hominid races. We also talk about demon STDs, coca-cola contraception, bat hair money and fact or fiction.

Apologies for the sound quality this week, we are trying to perfect our technique for recording over Skype.

Download

Newsletter

iTunes
In Sciencism this week, host Ross Balch is joined by; Dan Abrahmsen, Natalie McKirdy and David Balch.

Coming up we talk about the Nobel Prizes for science, a gene for making moral decisions, a hole in the ozone layer above the arctic, cellular therapy for anti-rejection treatment, a new breakthrough in embryonic stem cells and a new cure for diabetes in rats.

We also talk about egg-white burn aid, “scientific” ghost hunting, fact or fiction, did you know, last week in the past and we have the first half of our interview with planetary scientist David Blewett from Johns Hopkins.

Download

Subscribe in iTunes
This week in Sciencism Nano edition we introduce News Bytes, a short sharp science news section. In News Bytes this week; New evidence supports double wave migration theory, Biomarker for Huntington’s disease discovered, Venus has a thin ozone layer, Comets may have provided the Earth with water after all, Neutrino research under fire, Europe’s hottest mission to date, Breast cancer trial to test beta-blockers will begin next year, New “climbing” frog found in far north Queensland.

We also have the second half of our interview with David Blewett the planetary scientist who discusses his work on the DAWN project which is stuying the asteroids Vesta and Ceres.

Download
Subscribe via iTunes
This week Ross Balch is joined by Dan Abrahmsen to discus the health benefits of green tea and flavanoids, the gene sequence of yersinia pestis which is responsible for the plague, the “dark matter” in DNA, gamers who discover planets, sickle cell disease cures and a “mega” virus.

We have an interview with Gloria Manney who works at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory to talk about the loss of the ozone layer that occurred in record amounts this winter over the Arctic.

There is also a discussion in I Don’t Believe It! about the failed armageddon predictions this week.

Download
In Sciencism this week; Announcement (New URL www.sciencism.cc, new podcast – Sciencism: Critical Eye); Science News (Hendra antibody, climate change research and carbon capture failure, planetary forming ice ring, space port America, malaria vaccine, NASA and the Titan balloon, cycads not as old as previously thought); I Don’t Believe It! (Alien video, golden poop); Did you know? (A sword fish can swim as fast as a cheetah can run); Last week in the past (first incandescent bulb, first parachute jump, metre defined, Kepler observes supernova).

DOWNLOAD

This week on Sciencism: Critical Eye, Ross Balch is joined by Dan Abrahmsen to discuss manslaughter for pseudoscience, logical fallacies in alternative medicine, Billy Ray Cirus spots a “UFO”, the weaknesses of prophecies and the Australian tv show “The One” including the vagueness of psychic “impressions”. We also discuss the skeptics toolkit by explaining some of the most common logical fallacies used in pseudoscience.

DOWNLOAD

Subscribe via iTunes
Last edited by brokenwizard at Oct 28, 2011,
In Sciencism this week, host Ross Balch is joined by; Natalie McKirdy and Dan Abrahmsen.

Science News (Lung stem cells repair damage, speach patterns and psychopaths, snake fats and heart growth, bacterial aging, hallucinations look real, progeria treatment, evolution of rafting snails, HPV vaccine for boys, new multiple sclerosis treament).

DOWNLOAD

Subscribe in iTunes
In Sciencism this week, host Ross Balch is joined by Dan Abrahmsen and Natalie McKirdy. Coming up we talk about climate change, the end of the mars 500 mission, light activated cancer therapy, rhodopsin in melanocytes and the first Ebola-like virus discovered in Europe. There is also the real life example of the mythical “sunstone” and urine powered fuel cells. In did you know we discuss the hagfish, we talk about advocacy groups, the urban legend about tyres being useful in a storm and we play fact or fiction.

DOWNLOAD

Subscribe via iTunes

This week in under the microscope, we examine one of my favourite pseudosciences; homeopathy.
DOWNLOAD
Subscribe via iTunes
This week in Sciencism: Critical Eye, Ross Balch is joined by Dan Abrahmsen. We discuss a couple of lion sightings, Dr Melba Ketchum’s statement regarding big foot evidence, a psychic accepts an award on behalf of Kurt Cobain, the White House answers UFO petition and sneaky anti-vaccination campaigns.

DOWNLOAD