Ain't Gone Yesterday

tracklist will go up later. i don't remember all of it offhand, plus there might be some artists that might push you away from listening.

1. The Beach Boys - Celebrate The News
2. Bardo Pond - Wank [Amanita]
3. Mount Eerie (with Julie Doiron and Fred Squire) - You Swan Go On [Lost Wisdom]
4. Big Blood - Oh Country (Skin & Bones) [Big Blood and the Bleedin' Hearts]
5. Linda Perhacs - Parallelograms [Parallelograms]
6. Space Needle - Eyes To The World [Voyager]
7. Nancy Sinatra - Hello L.A., Bye Bye Birmingham [Country, My Way]
8. Paul Cary - Bad People [Ghost of a Man]
9. Weyes Blood - Lost In Dreams [The Outside Room]

also, if you don't like folk and psych-folk and things like that, you are sore out of luck.

Signup thread

September 11th - due_07
September 18th - Joshua1207
September 25th - jimmy_neutron
October 2nd - eazy-c
October 9th - UncleRemus
October 16th - turncoat60%
October 23rd - DimebagLivesOn
October 30th - BenRaah
November 6th - stepco12345
November 11th - element4433
November 18th - howamidriving?

thanks for listening

PREVIOUS MIXTAPES:
August 28: TheReverend724
August 21: jiminizzle
August 14: Wizards?'s Summer/Winter
August 7: bradulator
Excellent mix.
A couple I wasn't too keen on (Weyes Blood is too gothic for my tastes) but they were more than balanced out by ones I loved (Big Blood, get in!)
That Paul Cary track was a good introduction. Have to search youtube or grooveshark for him later on to check out a bit more.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by wizards?
Just finished listening to it. I feel dirty, and I can't unhear all the dissonance... I'm going to go take a shower.

it was going to be worse before. was going to shift between dissonance heavy mess and palate cleansing song. the only parts of that version that survived my editing process were the Bardo Pond and Mount Eerie one-two punch.

Quote by Andrewbiles
Excellent mix.
A couple I wasn't too keen on (Weyes Blood is too gothic for my tastes) but they were more than balanced out by ones I loved (Big Blood, get in!)
That Paul Cary track was a good introduction. Have to search youtube or grooveshark for him later on to check out a bit more.

you can actually get the full Paul Cary album here. officially sanctioned download and all that.

Paul Cary was also in the the US, and superior, band that goes by the name The Horrors. some straight noisy garage there. i think that both of their albums are available to download from the same site that his album is on.

and i understand what you are saying about the Weyes Blood and on relistening to the whole mix today on my drive home from work, i found myself thinking that closing the mix on it might not have been the best decision. especially coming after the run from Big Blood to Paul Cary. something about it felt off.

i really like the album though (maybe top 10 of the year) and i was hoping to use this as a jumping off point to maybe get some people interested in it. initially what caught my attention about it is that she was in Jackie O Motherfucker at some point, and maybe she still is? anyway, i'd encourage you to give that album a listen as "Lost in Dreams" probably benefits from that context much more than it does my mix.
I like this. Especially the Bardo Pond song.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Also, add me to this?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Mount Eerie.

I was worried you'd have a lot of similar artists on this that I am planning to have on mine since we have kinda alike tastes, but luckily that didn't happen.
Quote by element4433
Also, add me to this?

yr on.
Quote by stepco12345
Mount Eerie.

I was worried you'd have a lot of similar artists on this that I am planning to have on mine since we have kinda alike tastes, but luckily that didn't happen.

crisis avoided!

if anyone especially liked the Big Blood track, you can get most of their albums here. pretty much all of it is good.
Quote by uhh_me?
you can actually get the full Paul Cary album here. officially sanctioned download and all that.

Paul Cary was also in the the US, and superior, band that goes by the name The Horrors. some straight noisy garage there. i think that both of their albums are available to download from the same site that his album is on.

and i understand what you are saying about the Weyes Blood and on relistening to the whole mix today on my drive home from work, i found myself thinking that closing the mix on it might not have been the best decision. especially coming after the run from Big Blood to Paul Cary. something about it felt off.

i really like the album though (maybe top 10 of the year) and i was hoping to use this as a jumping off point to maybe get some people interested in it. initially what caught my attention about it is that she was in Jackie O Motherfucker at some point, and maybe she still is? anyway, i'd encourage you to give that album a listen as "Lost in Dreams" probably benefits from that context much more than it does my mix.

I think I always ignored that The Horrors because of the UK band with the same name. Such a shame that terrible bands are allowed to use the names others have already chosen. Will definitely check out that Paul Carey stuff later in the week.

Yeah, maybe the Weyes Blood track would have been a better fit after the Space Needle track, or something? I don't know. I'll have a little look into the record but the NNF sales pitch didn't draw me to the record and that track wasn't really my thing. Most of the time songs work better in the album context though so maybe the complete package provides more to each track.

Big Blood

http://www.etsy.com/shop/dontrustheruin
I still remember picking up 'The Grove' thinking, 'It looks good. It's only $8' and then being hooked forever.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Last edited by Andrewbiles at Sep 12, 2011,
you've got the most excellent music collection.

how are you enjoying & The Wicked Hex? i was struck by how spacious it was.
It took me a few listens to really get into it. The first time of listening I can't say I liked it - the repetitions of lyrics in 'Run' followed by 'I will love you' initially annoyed me. The album improved as it went on but it didn't provide that great feeling of wanting to immediately flip it back over and start again. But then 'run, run, run, run, run, etc' turned out to be a bit of an earworm and a couple of hours I couldn't get it out of my head.
You're definitely right about the spaciousness. It has the feeling of watching a local band play - decent size back room of a pub with not a huge crowd and you're at the bar getting a drink. Sounds fantastic on headphones.
After four or five plays I was really into it. However, I don't think I'd place it above 'The Grove', '...Bleedin' Hearts' or 'Dark Country Magic' just yet.
The next record will be interesting, I think it will be along similar lines but the sound will have settled (mainly in ears rather than their playing) and prove to be an amazing record. Not that I want to hype it up only to be let down, just excited that they're actually being gradually adventurous rather than settling for a formula.

RateYourMusic