http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14822582

43 out of 44 people tragically died in an airplane crash today in Russia, among them a country man to me Stefan Liv, swedish goalkeeper for the national team and earlier Swedish HV71. Extremely weird and terrible to see him be confirmed as dead. Although I'm not very much of a hockey fan I still kind of liked him and think I've seen him live when I was younger. A bit unsettling.

Maybe it's already been discussed.

RIP to all of them.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Sep 7, 2011,
That's awful.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
That is horrible.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen to more sports teams. I mean, I know planes are very safe, but with the amount of traveling they do, you would think it happen more often.

Thank goodness it doesn't
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
That is horrible.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen to more sports teams. I mean, I know planes are very safe, but with the amount of traveling they do, you would think it happen more often.

Thank goodness it doesn't

It's happened quite a few times. Man United lost their entire team, read about the Busby Babes.

And FC Torino lost their entire first squad. Read about Il Grande Torino, it was in the 50's. Since then Torino has never been able to get up again to where they were.
like in the ethan hawke movie?
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Thrashtastic15
everyone is dying this off season.

I hear Ron Wilson is as healthy as an ox.

Edit: Why does Russia experience so many plane crashes? Not too long ago the Polish PM died in a crash in Russia.
Quote by C3g6m4
lol yeah i just read about that in the news earlier, pretty depressing.

Quote by C3g6m4
lol yeah, pretty depressing.

Quote by C3g6m4
lol pretty depressing.

Quote by RU Experienced?
I hear Ron Wilson is as healthy as an ox.

Edit: Why does Russia experience so many plane crashes? Not too long ago the Polish PM died in a crash in Russia.

Non-existent safety standards and procedures. Outdated planes. The plane in question was banned from Europe in 2009 due to it not being safe enough. It's also being said the plane in question was packed over the weight limit.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Non-existent safety standards and procedures. Outdated planes. The plane in question was banned from Europe in 2009 due to it not being safe enough. It's also being said the plane in question was packed over the weight limit.

The plane was also being scrapped in three weeks time.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
This is absolutely horrible. Been following twitter since about an hour after the accident, trying to stay on top of everything.
Do you know what's weird?

I read the title and it very clearly says Russian, yet until I read the article I was thinking "Canadian ice hockey team".

I was wondering why they were in Russia.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Do you know what's weird?

I read the title and it very clearly says Russian, yet until I read the article I was thinking "Canadian ice hockey team".

I was wondering why they were in Russia.

The Kontinental Hockey league (KHL) is actually the second most popular and lucrative hockey league in the world. Many european NHL players go over to play after they are done in the States.

Such a tragedy, so sad!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
The Kontinental Hockey league (KHL) is actually the second most popular and lucrative hockey league in the world. Many european NHL players go over to play after they are done in the States.

Such a tragedy, so sad!

Well indeed!

Unfortunately, I care little about ice hockey Canadian, Russian, or otherwise. I think I just associate it more with Canada.

Still though, sad times about the crash and death and that.
The only member of a Russian ice hockey team to survive a plane crash last week has died of his severe injuries.

Alexander Galimov suffered burns to 90% of his body in the accident last Wednesday. Despite intensive treatment, he died on Monday morning.

Wow, that is absolutely horrible
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA