I've been looking for a somewhat inexpensive, 1x12 tube stack, and I've found a place where I can get a brand new Ibanez TSA15H stack for $450 shipped. Has anyone used it? Any horrible experiences? I'm planning on getting an Avatar 112 cab later down the road to go with it, so I'm not too worried about the quality of the cab, but I won't get the chance to play this head before I buy any. Anybody?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Used it nonstop since I bought it early this year for hundreds of practices and several gigs. It is an excellent amp both as a standalone package, and as a basis for using effects pedals; as the poster above pointed it, it's basically a clean amp. I run mine through a 1x12 cab with a Weber Lite Dope speaker and it sounds fantastic with my jazzmaster, and is plenty loud enough for gigs.
I cannot comment on the stock chinese tubes as I used them once to check if the amp worked, then binned them and replaced them with RCA NOS.
My only gripe with the amp is that the footswitch comes at an additional cost, I can understand they try to keep costs down, but the boost function is pretty useless if you can't toggle it with your foot.
I have just recorded a 4-track EP with my band using the TSA-15H exclusively, you can listen here: http://soundcloud.com/the-59-chevys. I had the volume cranked to about 8 for all of the recording, and am running a 5751 in the V1 preamp position.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Quote by jukejointjohnny
Used it nonstop since I bought it early this year for hundreds of practices and several gigs. It is an excellent amp both as a standalone package, and as a basis for using effects pedals; as the poster above pointed it, it's basically a clean amp. I run mine through a 1x12 cab with a Weber Lite Dope speaker and it sounds fantastic with my jazzmaster, and is plenty loud enough for gigs.
I cannot comment on the stock chinese tubes as I used them once to check if the amp worked, then binned them and replaced them with RCA NOS.
My only gripe with the amp is that the footswitch comes at an additional cost, I can understand they try to keep costs down, but the boost function is pretty useless if you can't toggle it with your foot.
I have just recorded a 4-track EP with my band using the TSA-15H exclusively, you can listen here: http://soundcloud.com/the-59-chevys. I had the volume cranked to about 8 for all of the recording, and am running a 5751 in the V1 preamp position.

Awesome, thanks man!
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo