So i was messing around with my tuning, tried dropping it down to drop c when it is set up for standard tuning.
Something happend, something to do with the springs im sure,basically when i try to play the g b or e string no sound comes out. Just dead notes.

Can someone help?
Last edited by jonpguitar01 at Sep 7, 2011,
I would assume that's because the E, G and B strings are too low now. You've got to lower the spring tension so it equals the string tension. I'm not exactly sure how to do it(I need to learn how, since I have a decent FR-equipped guitar now, but I haven't got around to it and am more than content in Eb/Drop C# for now. xD) but I believe if you just take one of the springs out and adjust the others it should be fine. Watch out though, if one of them pops out in on you it can hurt like a b!tch...xD I'd take it in to get set up if you plan on staying in Drop C.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by jonpguitar01
So i was messing around with my tuning, tried dropping it down to drop c when it is set up for standard tuning.
Something happend, something to do with the springs im sure,basically when i try to play the g b or e string no sound comes out. Just dead notes.

Can someone help?

is the bridge balanced?

if the bridge is balanced, not lifted ass end in the air.
or sunken into the guitar, then the strings should ring out.

so you need a balanced bridge
and then adjust the action if needed.

click on the Floyd setup thread at the top of the page to see
pics and instructions.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 7, 2011,