I'm currently in New Delhi, India, and we just had a 6.6 Richter magnitude earthquake a few minutes back. I thought it was an aftershock or a tremor at first, but according to news reports, it was a full-fledged earthquake. It didn't last too long; somewhere between five and ten seconds.

Here is a tentative news report - http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/strong-earthquake-felt-in-delhi-132157

I hope this was just an isolated incident.

I've watched a series called Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, so I'd like to think I'm prepared. The show had helpful information.

How's everyone else doing?
Sympathy for a change of font.
I have no sig, and neither do I want one.
Same as always. Relatively quiet earthquake season. Were any lawn chairs injured?

Also, that article says it was a 4.2. Why would you lie to us?
Quote by hriday_hazarika
I'm currently in New Delhi, India, and we just had a 6.6 Richter magnitude earthquake a few minutes back. I thought it was an aftershock or a tremor at first, but according to news reports, it was a full-fledged earthquake. It didn't last too long; somewhere between five and ten seconds.

Here is a tentative news report - http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/strong-earthquake-felt-in-delhi-132157

I hope this was just an isolated incident.

I've watched a series called Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, so I'd like to think I'm prepared. The show had helpful information.

How's everyone else doing?

Yeah it's isolated. Even though we do lie on a faultline.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by sage76
Yeah it's isolated. Even though we do lie on a faultline.

I'm from the north-east [Assam has a pretty huge fault line; it's a high-risk zone], so I've had a couple of earthquake experiences. Even I was initially confused by the 6.6 rating, because there wasn't much shaking. I guess the epicenter was a bit far away.
So... did any of the dams break?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
So... did any of the dams break?

I dunno. Dams are built to be pretty resistant, I think.

Unless you're being a cunning linguist of some sort.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
I dunno. Dams are built to be pretty resistant, I think.

Unless you're being a cunning linguist of some sort.

Nah, I had to do some research about dams in India the environmental effects, political decision proces, international complications etc. Some thought it not to be wise for India to be building dams in such an earthquake prone areas. But the research was more in the northeast so.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Nah, I had to do some research about dams in India the environmental effects, political decision proces, international complications etc. Some thought it not to be wise for India to be building dams in such an earthquake prone areas. But the research was more in the northeast so.

As it happens, I'm from the north-east.

I dunno much about dams, though.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
As it happens, I'm from the north-east.

I dunno much about dams, though.

When their water is gushing over your head and your ugly font is nowhere to be seen on UG for the rest of eternity, then I have my answer.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
When their water is gushing over your head and your ugly font is nowhere to be seen on UG for the rest of eternity, then I have my answer.

Quote by hriday_hazarika

What are you sad about? It's a double win situation for me, when they break . You should be happy for me.

edit: that's your first post in this thread doesn't make me wanna poke my eyes out.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ