I think so, but I'd like some other opinions. There are some tell tale signs I think, but the seller stands behind his claims. I found a picture of one similar on Wikipedia, but still not convinced. Let me know what you guys think:

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/msg/2585796560.html
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Wrong forum, try the bass forum.

*reported*
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
well from the description it is a fake.

you cant take a bunch of random pieces, place it together, and then call it an original, whether the person was an employee or not.

its fake. so fake its not even trying to be similar to an actual production line guitar.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Well... The guy's description of how the thing came to be sounds a little sketchy. Even if he's telling the truth, it's not worth what he's asking. It's not some collector piece or something. I imagine it has sentimental value to him which makes him think it's worth more. The pickups are wrong as well I believe.
Quote by JonothenRicher
its fake. you can see in the truss rod cover Gibsons have 3 screws this one has 2

Actually sir, It's the other way around.

Fibsons have 3 hole Truss Rod Covers, and real Gibsons have 2 screw holes.

Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Thanks guys.

I too thought the pickups looked wrong, it was the main feature that had me questioning its authenticity. I also noticed that all the screws on the pickup risers were gold, which is something that Gibson isn't known for doing.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I'd go play it and see if it's any good, and then pay him based on how much you think it's worth assuming you still want it.

Y'know, like a normal person.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.