So yeah, I have been getting trouble with my Big Muff for the last couple of weeks now.
If often happens so that when I hit the switch button, nothing happens except for the red light that turns on. And when I press the button just a little bit, the distortion comes in, and when I release the button it shuts down again.

My question is; how can I fix this? Or do I need to replace it? And which switch do I need to buy to get a propper replacement.

I made some footage with my cell phone to show you what I mean (hope it helps)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcEneY4aAQ
this might sound stupid if you thought about that before, but tried changing the battery? xD a similar problem happened to me when the battery was dead, and because that should be true bypass, when it is off, the signal goes straight through the pedal like there's nothing there
The battery is fully charged. And when the distortion should be on but it is not, and I push the button just a little bit the distortion is back again for as long as I keep it pushed. But thanks anyway
Sounds like the switch went out... Almost certainly. Its switching the LED on but not the effect... Then with a slight depress it switches the effect on. That's pretty clearly a bad switch.

Pick up a new 3PDT and get to soldering.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Tntero, when are you getting your rp?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Did you try a different cable? And did you try twisting the switch a bit with the pedal turned off? I had kinda of a similar thing with my footswitch for my amp, but I solved it by twisting the knob and unplugging the cable a few times, really weird.

#2 of the Orange TH30 Clique
Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
Quote by Bauwke
Did you try a different cable? And did you try twisting the switch a bit with the pedal turned off? I had kinda of a similar thing with my footswitch for my amp, but I solved it by twisting the knob and unplugging the cable a few times, really weird.

Yeah, several times xD

Quote by tubetime86
Sounds like the switch went out... Almost certainly. Its switching the LED on but not the effect... Then with a slight depress it switches the effect on. That's pretty clearly a bad switch.

Pick up a new 3PDT and get to soldering.

Thanks! I'm on it!