Well, how many different ingredients can be chosen and in how many different quantities?
there are an infinite amount of ways to do anything

who cares

nothing exists outside our own existence anyway

including me and this post and everybody else

apart from you

the reader

it's the system

believe in it

or get out
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by xFilth
Well, how many different ingredients can be chosen and in how many different quantities?

That's the problem. No one I've asked knows how many ingredients they offer or in what quantity. So this is tough. BK doesn't even have it listed on their site from what I can see.
Quote by carnagereap666
That's the problem. No one I've asked knows how many ingredients they offer or in what quantity. So this is tough. BK doesn't even have it listed on their site from what I can see.

Quote by Wiki
The Whopper is a hamburger, consisting of a flame grilled quarter-pound (113.4 g) beef patty, sesame seed bun, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup, and sliced onion. Optional ingredients such as processed cheese, bacon, mustard or jalapeño peppers may be added upon request. Regional and international condiments include BBQ sauce, salsa and guacamole. Burger King will also add any condiment it sells, including tartar sauce, honey mustard, steak sauce and hot sauce. It is available with one, two or three beef patties and in a smaller version called the Whopper Jr, or without meat in a version called the Veggie Whopper.

Too easy.
Quote by carnagereap666
Burger King claims that there are 221,184 ways to have a whopper. With what mathematical formula did they obtain that number? I was in BK with my dad and he pointed it out. I couldn't find any answers on the interweb so I figured I'd ask you!

"ways to have a whopper" does that mean "different because of the ingredients" or "different ways to eat it". Because I can find much more ways to eat it (if I wasn't a vegetarian I would try it).
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by carnagereap666

lol It looks like you forgot to ask Wikipedia.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
What exactly do they mean by "have" though? Make? Eat? Because they could easily wuss out by saying they meant eat, as in, you can have your Whopper in the car, on the train, in your house, sitting in a tree house, etc etc.
Quote by carnagereap666
Burger King claims that there are 221,184 ways to have a whopper. With what mathematical formula did they obtain that number? I was in BK with my dad and he pointed it out. I couldn't find any answers on the interweb so I figured I'd ask you!

It'll be an order formula.

Something like 2^n
Where n is the number of available ingredients.

But definitely not that formula since it's far too simple and doens't have enough variables.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
What exactly do they mean by "have" though? Make? Eat? Because they could easily wuss out by saying they meant eat, as in, you can have your Whopper in the car, on the train, in your house, sitting in a tree house, etc etc.

I asked the same question. Great minds think alike.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Vypor
lol It looks like you forgot to ask Wikipedia.

I did. But I ignored it in all of its wisdom and knowledge...

I'm aware that I need a formula but I can't figure out the right one. From my counting abilities I have deducted that they offer 20 ingredients. Now to figure out what quantity I can order them...
Quote by SG_dave
It'll be an order formula.

Something like 2^n
Where n is the number of available ingredients.

But definitely not that formula since it's far too simple and doens't have enough variables.

nCk = n!/[k!(n-k)!]
k = size of combination (1 to however many toppings you want to pile on)
n = number of elements (the number of different toppings)

edit: They must not have had many toppings when they came up with that number or they pulled it out of thin air.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 7, 2011,
Quote by MakinLattes
nCk = n!/[k!(n-k)!]
k = size of combination (1 to however many topping you want to pile on)

edit: They must not have had many toppings when they came up with that number or they pulled it out of thin air.

Yeah, that one.
Quote by MakinLattes
nCk = n!/[k!(n-k)!]
k = size of combination (1 to however many toppings you want to pile on)

God. You can see why I failed maths can't you

Then again I never liked modelling my own formulas. No idea why I wanted to go into physics.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

That's what I was thinking too. I could put a leash on a burger and take it for a walk if I really wanted to.
Quote by carnagereap666
Yeah? That doesn't answer the question.

Close enough.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by carnagereap666

every ingredient can be added and taken away, as well as doubled. So yeah.......
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by MakinLattes
*WIKIEPDIA

So that's... about 14 different ingredients (exluding the beef burger itself, which I guess would be necessary for it to be a Whopper.

How many combinations are they of that many things?

I did maths, but it's all gone now...
I did this problem in math class last year.

That being said, I don't remember.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus