Hey UG... I have 2 kind of weird questions:
1- Is it possible to place a 0.065 bass string as a seventh string on a seven string guitar with a Floyd?
2- is the something like a boost which can be activated not via switch but by the volume knob not in the push-pull style? (its hard to explain its like when you turn the knob on 10 its stops but if push a little harder it turns and activates the boost)
Quote by rami80
Hey UG... I have 2 kind of weird questions:
1- Is it possible to place a 0.065 bass string as a seventh string on a seven string guitar with a Floyd?
2- is the something like a boost which can be activated not via switch but by the volume knob not in the push-pull style? (its hard to explain its like when you turn the knob on 10 its stops but if push a little harder it turns and activates the boost)

1- Yeah. Rusty Cooley uses a .60 as his low 7
2- Probably, though a volume pedal would do the same job
1. yes
2. could possibly work. I know the Patrick Stump signature Gretch has as Coil Split knob that doesn't really turn, but clicks into place. I guess it may be possible to have one that actually does turn and then at the very end, have the click for the boost, yet a pedal would probably be so much simpler.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I'll try the .065 next time when I change the strings but the I didn't mean a volume boost i meant the gain boost
Quote by rami80
I'll try the .065 next time when I change the strings but the I didn't mean a volume boost i meant the gain boost

i knew what you meant as a boost. that's why I said a pedal would be so much simpler.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"