Only you will know the answer to that. Browse youtube and check out the differences.
humbuckers are good if you use over drive or distortion. Also, if you want a chunkier bridge tone then a humbucker is the way to go.

Another thing you could do is get an SSS strat and just put in a stacked single coil in the bridge so you will still have the SSS config but with a stacked single coil so you can get humbucker tones and no hum and not have to rout the guitar and get new pickguard.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
For heavier music I've been a big fan of the Seymour Duncan Hot Rails. What brand is your strat? Most fenders don't even require routing to install a humbucker if you decide to go that route, and pickguards are pretty cheap.
Quote by Ericthegreat
I been thinking about the stacked single coil, do they sound about the same?

Very similar. Not exact, but close enough. From what I've played I like Dimarzio better, specifically the Injector, the Pro Track and the Tone Zone S.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I have been very interested in the tone zone S, I heard in bridge gives decent clean and great distortion, is it true? Also would I need to cut the pickguard to fit it?
Quote by Ericthegreat
I have been very interested in the tone zone S, I heard in bridge gives decent clean and great distortion, is it true? Also would I need to cut the pickguard to fit it?

If it is an SSS pickguard then no. It should a direct replacement.

I have the actual Tone Zone humbucker in my strat and it sounds great with distortion. Very chunky but still clean. Cleans are thick, lots of low end and good mid range.

From what I understand the Tone Zone S sounds about the same, just slightly less output. If I get the chance, I'll do a video demoing the Tone Zone and post a link in this thread..
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard