http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/02/police-grab-2-million-worth-of-cars-after-canadian-street-race/?hpt=ju_t4

Police in British Columbia say they impounded $2 million worth of high-end vehicles this week after witnesses reported the 13 cars racing on a metro Vancouver highway at speeds of 125 mph (200 kph).

The high-end race cars included a Ferrari, Lamborghinis, Maseratis, an Audi, an Aston Martin, Nissans and a Mercedes, according to a Royal Canadian Mounted Police press release.

Two of the racers would run side-by-side to block other traffic going in their direction on the highway while the others cars would take off in a race, witnesses told the RCMP.

"These drivers seemed to be looking for attention. Well, they definitely got the attention of police," Cpl. Holly Marks, spokesperson for the Lower Mainland District Regional Police Service, said in the press release.

What the racers, who police said are all under age 21, won't get is harsh punishment.

"Each driver will be charged with Driving without Reasonable Consideration and receive a violation ticket with a specified penalty of $196. Additionally, these drivers will be responsible for all associated towing and storage charges," according to the RCMP press release.

Really? I'd easily pay $196 to street race! Thoughts?
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
I'd keep the cars and auction them

Or just keep them for myself
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by LRCGUITAR
Wait do they get the cars back?

Yep. It said that they only have to pay impound and towing fees!
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
If they can afford lambos and ferraris they wont care about $196
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Drivers are idiots and lucky to have been stopped. Maybe it's just more common here, but it seems like every other week there's some guy who ended up adjoining themselves to a tree or a lamppost after they try a race on a public road, and fly off the side of a bridge. Stupid, but tragic nonetheless. Hell, every once in a while they kill a bystander too. Public roads aren't designed for racing, you literally can't pull a damn turn on one at 120MPH while still accelerating.

How the hell do minors get their hands on cars like these though? These are cars that can cost as much as a house.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Sep 7, 2011,
With considerable wealth comes considerable responsibility.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Sound like rich ass-holes if they are all under 21 and have Ferraris, Lambos, and Audis

Those cars are all well over 100 grand.

Damn, I wish I had one of them. Especially the Audi R8. Love that car.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Sep 7, 2011,
thoughts?

there should be an autobahn from one side of canada to the other.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JohnnyV
Covered in bees

Bees scare Nic Cage. And Nic Cage likes his Canada travels.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by JohnnyV
Covered in bees

i got this.
eddie izzard FTW xD

also i can imagine they WILL get their cars back if they pay the impound charges, of probably a couple a hundred bucks...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
If they can afford lambos and ferraris they wont care about $196

sort of the whole reason he posted it, its ridiculous
Quote by Funk-E-Munk
sort of the whole reason he posted it, its ridiculous

exactly! I hit 110 in my 2010 corolla. I'd easily pay that low fine to get a legit race in!
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
They must be pretty scared if all they did was 125...

125 mph on crappy roads is always scary, no matter how good the car is. That's when the cars reactions are multiplied greatly, and one little wrong twitch will send you into a tree in the blink of an eye.
Quote by ethan_hanus
125 mph on crappy roads is always scary, no matter how good the car is. That's when the cars reactions are multiplied greatly, and one little wrong twitch will send you into a tree in the blink of an eye.

Son I go 125 on my bicycle
Quote by ethan_hanus

true.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Sounds like a bunch of spoiled, rich kids. I hope they all get killed before they're 25.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
Sounds like a bunch of spoiled, rich kids. I hope they all get killed before they're 25.

Sad thing is, if they do, they'll probably take other people with them.

I'm sick of ****ers like these, where I live is crawling with them (not nearly as rich, but same mindset). Not long ago, one of them got killed in a crash and became a heroic martyr for all these dense bastards... never mind the fact some old fella died and a teenager ended up in intensive care.

If I was in charge, I'd make them drag race off a pier.
If this was in Ontario they would be looking at several thousand minimum and probably lose their license for at least a week.

Not that spoiled kids would really care about either.
Quote by zdh
If this was in Ontario they would be looking at several thousand minimum and probably lose their license for at least a week.

Not that spoiled kids would really care about either.

lose there car for a month instantly.

ontario is the nanny state/province of canada though, torontonians rule us as though we are all as retarded as them.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I got fined the exact same amount for taking the tram without a ticket.

From now on I'm street racing to the university...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by 23dannybhoy23
Sad thing is, if they do, they'll probably take other people with them.

I'm sick of ****ers like these, where I live is crawling with them (not nearly as rich, but same mindset). Not long ago, one of them got killed in a crash and became a heroic martyr for all these dense bastards... never mind the fact some old fella died and a teenager ended up in intensive care.

If I was in charge, I'd make them drag race off a pier.

Came in to say this.

You'd pay $196 to street race?
You'd put a price of less than $200 on the lives of you and potentially countless others, ruining families and friendships for the lasting future? Just for 20 minutes of speed?

**** you. Play NFS Underground, or pay for a track day.
Did you guys miss the part where two cars were driving side by side to keep traffic back?

Completely safe.
Quote by ethan_hanus

well considering they were going 200km/h and the speed limit here is 80 km/h on highway they were racing on, they almost doubled it as is.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Drag racing? Vancouver? I guarantee every one of them was Asian.

Edit: Though, the choice in cars suggest otherwise.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Sep 7, 2011,
Quote by DZCunuck
well considering they were going 200km/h and the speed limit here is 80 km/h on highway they were racing on, they almost doubled it as is.

almost?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by DonGlover

ALLLLL of them had to have been Asian. And the only Lambos in my part of town are well-known to belong to drug dealers.

Also there's nowhere to drag race in Vancouver. What the hell were these guys thinking?
Quote by DonGlover

you betcha
all of them are also still in high school so not only under 21 but under 18.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Quote by JimmyBanks6
almost?

you know what i mean...
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Quote by DZCunuck

He never said they weren't racing.
___

Quote by The_Blode