Hey everyone, how are you all?

I thought it would be cool to get a list of relaxing and atmospheric music going. Or if you write some also, please post a link to your stuff

I write relaxing/contemplative music which can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/InnerPeaceRecordings

Please post a reply with some relaxing music/songs/composers for us to check out!
i don't know if you guys will agree, but Indian/Eastern stuff like Ravi Shankar and Nikhil Banerjee is quite peaceful to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sykpVHkcct8
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Beyond the Thunder album - Neal Schon. I have yet to find anything I like better and I have tried.

Heres one song off it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUXOKbSBsCc

Oh and thanks for sharing your music, it's really nice
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Last edited by mitch311 at Sep 7, 2011,
Fantastic call Swannie! Love Ravi Shankar! My friend just introduced me to his music a few weeks ago, and it so spiritual and relaxing. Also, my friend said that he is the father of the famous singer Norah Jones, which is also pretty interesting.

Thanks for the great link too! What a beautiful song! Hadn't heard of Ali Akbar Khan before.
Will also look up Nikhil Banerjee.

Thanks for the great post!
hey dan, still listening to your music, its beautiful. to add to your list here, i find zero 7 and air very relaxing. two amazing bands you should look up!
Check out the ambient thread duuuuuuude

It's somewhere around these parts....
Hey man.

I've being looking around that thread, and there's loads of cool suggestions in there. Though I feel this is different, as there's a lot more genres than just ambient than can be considered as relaxing... Thanks for the heads up though man!

Hey FunkyMonkey, great call on zero 7 and air! Two of my favourite chill out bands! Doesn't get much better than Moon Safari by Air and Simple Things by Zero 7!
Quote by DanielShaw123
Hey man.

I've being looking around that thread, and there's loads of cool suggestions in there. Though I feel this is different, as there's a lot more genres than just ambient than can be considered as relaxing... Thanks for the heads up though man!

Yeah of course, ambient is good for night time imo and chill out stuff is good for summer/sunny days. There's a trip hop thread as well which has some good chill out type stuff in it.

I'll edit this post later with some chill out stuff similar to Air/Zero 7.
what has been said above, plus any dub (not dubstep, dub as in King Tubby or Lee "Scratch" Perry) or bossa nova (i.e. Astrud Gilberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Stan Getz, etc)
Hey Ben, just listening to Rubycon just now. It's beautiful, very dark and spacey.... Never heard of tangerine dream, so I'm very grateful for the suggestion!

Thanks Duffman, would love to hear some similar suggestions

Thanks for the reply Ramblin' Man, just going to check out your suggestions now

Also, has anyone heard "The Sea" by Morcheeba? Fantastic chill song.