this is my first song i can play, (pumped up kicks) by Foster the people, and for the intro you do some picking and im using a capo on the first fret and it is making this awful buzzing noise on my low E. Is this my newby fretwork or could i be placing my capo wrong? btw im a novice and this is the only song i can play. thought i would throw that in there for any advice.
Quote by Cloudkicker
this is my first song i can play, (pumped up kicks) by Foster the people, and for the intro you do some picking and im using a capo on the first fret and it is making this awful buzzing noise on my low E. Is this my newby fretwork or could i be placing my capo wrong? btw im a novice and this is the only song i can play. thought i would throw that in there for any advice.

Either your action is too low, your neck is bowed too far back, or both. That is my guess at least. What kind of guitar is it, and what model is it?
Your action (the height between the string and the frets) could be too low, or there isnt enough tension in the strings, which become loos eand hit the strings.

Are you playing electric or acoustic? And electric which buzzes unplugged usually doesnt buzz when played through an amp.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
that happens to me with my low e. Just kind of lean the capo more towards the low e when you're putting the capo on, adjust the capo sort of so that enough pressure is applied to the low e, sorry if this is sort of vague,

Basically push down on the capo above your low e after you put the capo on
OH! and put the capo right above the fret, not in the middle.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame