Page 1 of 5
Yes, I know the pit is pretty left leaning, but is anyone currently watching the debate on tv? Any thoughts on it?
Idiot loser Newt Gingrich is now complaining that the questions are trying to make Republicans attack each other. Which is stupid because, in case he hadn't noticed, this is an election in which Republicans are running against each other.
^
thats from the guardian website

seriously man thats what your following? why don't you just watch it so you can actually see what Newt was talking about. i mean shit...
Quote by High&Mighty
Idiot loser Newt Gingrich is now complaining that the questions are trying to make Republicans attack each other. Which is stupid because, in case he hadn't noticed, this is an election in which Republicans are running against each other.
^
thats from the guardian website

seriously man thats what your following? why don't you just watch it so you can actually see what Newt was talking about. i mean shit...

Are you implying that Newt Gingrich isn't an idiot loser?
Quote by due 07
Are you implying that Newt Gingrich isn't an idiot loser?

exactly what I'm implying. tell me how he is one an idiot and two a loser?

im also implying that you need to watch the actual source and not some biased blog
You love Obama!

No, YOU love Obama!

NO, YOU love Obama!

Lower taxes for the rich and cut medicare!

K koo

Quote by High&Mighty

im also implying that you need to watch the actual source and not some biased blog

It's as if you know nothing about Newt Gingrich at all.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
No cliche Ron Paul reference yet?? K ill do it. Go RP!
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by High&Mighty

Newt Gingrich is 1) a stale old man who is wrong about virtually everything he says, and he 2) consistently has to live down moderate stances he's taken in the past, yet still falls pathetically short of achieving anything remotely resembling success.
Quote by The Guardian
Oh god now Newt Gingrich is talking about something he voted on immigration in 1986. Newt, that was 25 years ago. Twenty-five.

Now he wants American Express and Mastercard to run immigration, to avoid government fraud. Because no one ever defrauded credit card companies.

They are ruthless when it comes to that irrelevant buffoon!
Quote by High&Mighty

He's a loser because he's losing.

He's not gonna win the presidential race.

He's an idiot because he keeps trying.

I guess we could say the same about Ron Paul, but he's awesome.
Huntsman is the only candidate up there I have any respect for, despite my disagreement with his economic stances. It's a shame he doesn't have a chance at the nomination.
Quote by iro-bot31
Huntsman is the only candidate up there I have any respect for, despite my disagreement with his economic stances. It's a shame he doesn't have a chance at the nomination.

Agreed.

I also disapprove of the way every time Ron Paul is asked a question, it's about what he would do in place of government regulations and none of the other issues. I understand Ron Paul is all for removing federal regulations, but he does a good enough job of distancing himself from the mainstream without the media helping him.
Did anyone see Perry freeze when asked which specific scientists and theories were supporting the notion that humanity doesn't have a hand in climate change?
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.

Why was my pick not up there?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by bloodshed344
I guess we could say the same about Ron Paul, but he's awesome.

Meh, he's not really any better than the other big names. He's only concerned with negative rights, totally ignoring things like healthcare and welfare. He has some decidedly sexist and racist stances. His economic policies are quite literally the opposite of what we need right now. Also, his tinfoil hattery is annoying at best.
He has a few good positions on social issues (and a good number of bad ones), but it seems like he just throws around a few buzzwords about weed decriminalization and wars to get suburban potheads interested.

Anti-worker, anti-regulation, anti-gay, racist, sexist, etc... I'll pass.
Ron Paul really frustrates me for that exact reason. Some of his social stuff is good, but he's too much of a damned bigot for me to feel alright about voting for him. And the whole flat tax thing.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by due 07
Meh, he's not really any better than the other big names. He's only concerned with negative rights, totally ignoring things like healthcare and welfare.

In fairness, he doesn't ignore those things... he despises them.

He has some decidedly sexist and racist stances.

What stances, specifically?

Also, his tinfoil hattery is annoying at best.

That's mainly his fans. I honestly don't know what his personal views are.

Anyway, I think it would be, to say the least, interesting if he was elected. But that will never happen, so I don't generally bother thinking about it.
Quote by NotFromANUS

That's mainly his fans. I honestly don't know what his personal views are.

Anyway, I think it would be, to say the least, interesting if he was elected. But that will never happen, so I don't generally bother thinking about it.

Exactly why I wouldn't mind if he won. It would be....interesting. Something outside the box might be nice, even if I disagree with some of it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by High&Mighty

He has the audacity to claim that gays violate the sanctity of marriage, all the while he cheated on his first wife whom had cancer, with the woman who became his second wife. Then he cheated on her for his current third wife. Oh, and tried to impeach Clinton for an affair. wat
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
He has the audacity to claim that gays violate the sanctity of marriage, all the while he cheated on his first wife whom had cancer, with the woman who became his second wife. Then he cheated on her for his current third wife. Oh, and tried to impeach Clinton for an affair. wat

Bingo. Thank you for saying what I wanted to far more succinctly.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by NotFromANUS

True. I guess I was trying to get at the fact he doesn't give a hairy rat's ass about providing for people.
Quote by NotFromANUS

As far as racism goes, he's not the hood-wearing cross burner kind of racist. He is the brand that ignores hundreds of years of colonial brutality and thinks that institutional racism of capitalism can simply "go away" with less regulation. Although he has made some bluntly racist remarks in writings.
I seem to recall reading something of him wishing to cut off all social services -- schools, hospitals, roads (wtf?) -- from transient citizens. In a curious contrast to his usual constitutional orthodoxy, he proposes stripping "birthright citizenship" from the 14th amendment. His policies are unambiguously anti-immigrant -- a strong state "securing" borders, conducting business in only English, and little to no welfare expenditure to maintain our, as he puts it, "national identity" -- and uncomfortably nationalistic.

He's sexist because of his strong anti-choice position. He is, in effect, reducing women to nothing more than reproductive machines, forbidden from having sex if they don't want to bear a child.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

No no no no. He meant that gay marriage undermines the sanctity of his divorce. You silly fool.
Last edited by due 07 at Sep 7, 2011,
Quote by due 07
True. I guess I was trying to get at the fact he doesn't give a hairy rat's ass about providing for people.

As far as racism goes, he's not the hood-wearing cross burner kind of racist. He is the brand that ignores hundreds of years of colonial brutality and thinks that institutional racism of capitalism can simply "go away" with less regulation. Although he has made some bluntly racist remarks in writings.
I seem to recall reading something of him wishing to cut off all social services -- schools, hospitals, roads (wtf?) -- from transient citizens. In a curious contrast to his usual constitutional orthodoxy, he proposes stripping "birthright citizenship" from the 14th amendment. His policies are unambiguously anti-immigrant -- a strong state "securing" borders, conducting business in only English, and little to no welfare expenditure to maintain our, as he puts it, "national identity" -- and uncomfortably nationalistic.

He's sexist because of his strong anti-choice position. He is, in effect, reducing women to nothing more than reproductive machines, forbidden from having sex if they don't want to bear a child.

No no no no. He meant that gay marriage undermines the sanctity of his divorce. You silly fool.

Get your facts straight. He is personally against abortion but supports pro-choice, because he believes in freedom.
Quote by necrosis1193

Why was my pick not up there?
Rick Perry was there.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by bloodshed344
Get your facts straight. He is personally against abortion but supports pro-choice, because he believes in freedom.

He routinely votes against most pro-choice legislation. For example he supported this bill, which would impose jail time upon doctors that performed late-term abortions.
Quote by bloodshed344

No, he believes that it should be decided on a state level, effectively having the federal government turn a blind eye to the suppression of women's rights. There are some matters that shouldn't be up for a vote.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by due 07
He routinely votes against most pro-choice legislation. For example he supported this bill, which would impose jail time upon doctors that performed late-term abortions.
Nobody supports partial birth abortion.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Okay, that was probably a poor example. The point was to show the rather punitive nature of the bill that he repeatedly voted for.
Quote by bloodshed344
No one supports late-term abortions lol.

His view on abortion is nearly parallel to his views on immigration. That is, don't subsidize anything even related to it (his voting record demonstrates this) and it'll magically go away. In other words, his sexist views on abortion are masquerading as his usual "public sector = bad" spiel.

He's a twisted moral authoritarian with no business in office.
Last edited by due 07 at Sep 7, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan
No, he believes that it should be decided on a state level, effectively having the federal government turn a blind eye to the suppression of women's rights. There are some matters that shouldn't be up for a vote.

I'm a big fan of state's rights. You didn't refute my point, you reinforced it. He's for freedom. This doesn't automatically mean every state would outlaw abortion

I think abortion is such a controversial issue that it should be up for vote, even if I'm pro-choice myself. You're failing to look at it from other people's perspective, which is it is murder. That's not my perspective, but a large portion of people think that. This makes it controversial.
Quote by due 07
AsI seem to recall reading something of him wishing to cut off all social services -- schools, hospitals, roads (wtf?) -- from transient citizens. In a curious contrast to his usual constitutional orthodoxy, he proposes stripping "birthright citizenship" from the 14th amendment. His policies are unambiguously anti-immigrant -- a strong state "securing" borders, conducting business in only English, and little to no welfare expenditure to maintain our, as he puts it, "national identity" -- and uncomfortably nationalistic.

I don't see how anti-immigrant translates to racist. Or securing borders, or conducting business in English. Securing our borders needs to be done, and I think it's fair for somebody to want English to be the national language or whatever. He's just really libertarian in his views and believes the state should decide mostly everything. I guess theoretically, racism could be determined legal in any state if the state chooses to do so, according to his brand of libertarianism.

Lol, maybe he's just not down with what he views as "killing" a baby. I know you're all up in the feminism and all, but that's quite absurd to jump ahead and accuse him of thinking of women as nothing but reproductive machines. In fact that whole second sentence is just fallacious. Whether you agree with him or not, cool, but I wouldn't have expected you of all people to make such a ridiculous assumption.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Sep 7, 2011,
^The Libertarian Party's platform is actually soft on immigration.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by bradulator

Lol, maybe he's just not down with what he views as "killing" a baby. That's quite absurd to jump ahead and accuse him of thinking of women as nothing but reproductive machines. In fact that whole second sentence is just fallacious. Whether you agree with him or not, cool, but I wouldn't have expected you of all people to make such a ridiculous assumption.

Exactly my thoughts, some of these guys arguments sound utterly ridiculous. Almost as bad as calling fish 'sea-kittens' ridiculous.

Besides, its not as if Ron Paul would actually have the ability to do most of these things even if he were elected.

It would be interesting to see how Ron Paul would handle being president, seeing as he would be forced to take a more moderate stance, or do absolutely nothing as president.
Quote by bloodshed344
I'm a big fan of state's rights. You didn't refute my point, you reinforced it. He's for freedom. This doesn't automatically mean every state would outlaw abortion

FREEDOM!!1!

I think abortion is such a controversial issue that it should be up for vote, even if I'm pro-choice myself. You're failing to look at it from other people's perspective, which is it is murder. That's not my perspective, but a large portion of people think that. This makes it controversial.

A large portion of the populous thought that niggers should have separate schools. It's a good thing we left that decision up to the states and the voters.

OH WAIT WE DIDN'T
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
^The Libertarian Party's platform is actually soft on immigration.

Meh, he's not a strict Libertarian anyway or he'd not be running for the Republican nomination.

If America really wants change they'll vote Ron Paul, because shit would be weird as hell
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by StewieSwan
FREEDOM!!1!

A large portion of the populous thought that niggers should have separate schools. It's a good thing we left that decision up to the states and the voters.

OH WAIT WE DIDN'T

Hmm.. segregation and murder are apples and oranges. Your example fails. Let me reiterate: A large portion of people think abortion is murder. When it comes to something that people think is murder, it's a much more controversial and sensitive issue.
Quote by bloodshed344
Hmm.. segregation and murder are apples and oranges. Your example fails. Let me reiterate: A large portion of people think abortion is murder. When it comes to something that people think is murder, it's a much more controversial and sensitive issue.

Just because there is opposition doesn't mean the opposing argument has any merit, you know. And no, it's not apples and oranges because in both cases people's fundamental freedoms are at stake.
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Page 1 of 5