Hello UG, just wanted any advice for playing my Ge-based fuzz face clone in the summer heat. It's about 97degF outside, maybe 89 inside my house, and it's making my fuzz face sounds bad and the sound quality changes over time. Any advice (other than using a Si-based fuzz)? I've tried playing with a fan, but then I get some humming coming though the pedals/amp
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
Putting a diode of the same material (ge in this case) across the base and emitter leads of each transistor will make them temperature-stable. Cathode goes to base, anode to emitter.
I'll try the diode trick.. is there any specific requirement or just any Ge diode?

as for keeping it in the freezer, I'll try it... hopefully nobody eats it =P
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
lmfao hopefully nobody eats it
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
oh right ya fridge... thanks for the correction =)